• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Update: PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Update: Less than a hour after the release of the 3.80 M33-3 update, developer Dark_AleX has released 3.80 M33-4. It is a minor update, fixing a compatibility issue with slow memory sticks. Download the updated archive below, or grab it via Network Update.

Homebrew developer Dark_AleX has released an update to the recently released 3.80 M33-2 custom firmware. Now at 3.80 M33-3, the latest release adds a couple of libs to the nids resolver and fixes a synchronization issue with downloaded games from the PS3/PC PlayStation Store. We're also told that a popsloader release is coming very soon.

The full changelog is detailed below.

- Fixed synchronization issue that plugins check code caused in PSN NP9660 original games (fixes 0x80010013 error)
- Added a couple of libs to the nids resolver.
- Added some internal changes required by incoming 3.80 popsloader plugin.

As we reported earlier, 3.80 M33 includes a new feature to update the firmware directly via Network Update. This requires an active WiFi connection, so if you are without WiFi, download the update below and follow the manual instructions to update.

Finally, please note that 3.80 M33 must be installed before applying this update. Updates are cumulative, so you can safely skip installing previous updates. You can check out our 3.80 M33 install guide for detailed setup and installation instructions.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33-4 Update

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer [Dark_AleX]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does the 1.50 kernal Add-on (for phat PSPs) compatible with this update of 3.80M33?

Yep it works fine. If you already have the kernel add-on installed, you don't have to reinstall it after updating either.

cyrus

really fast! sweet XD

Doubleagent74

So much info so fast... :)

I'm a little confused: Do I need to install the 1.50 kernel add-on in addition to the 3.80 M33-4 upgrade, or is it included? And am I right in thinking that the popsloader is separate and should therefore be installed separately?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So much info so fast... :)

I'm a little confused: Do I need to install the 1.50 kernel add-on in addition to the 3.80 M33-4 upgrade, or is it included? And am I right in thinking that the popsloader is separate and should therefore be installed separately?

1.50 kernel add-on and popsloader are both separate from the M33 updates and are optional. Regardless, though, you should always install the latest M33 update first before installing any add-ons.

homn

"Updates are cumulative, so you can safely skip installing previous updates."

Okay, Is this implementing it is safe to update from
3.51 M33 to 3.80 M33 and/or 3.80 M33-2 to 3.80 M33-4?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
"Updates are cumulative, so you can safely skip installing previous updates."

Okay, Is this implementing it is safe to update from
3.51 M33 to 3.80 M33 and/or 3.80 M33-2 to 3.80 M33-4?

You need to be running at least 3.52 M33-3 to update to 3.80 M33. Once you're on 3.80 M33, simply install the 3.80 M33-4 update.

PAinKiLLa

I don't know if any1 else is having any issues with remote play, but I cant turn on my PS3 system using remote play since 3.80 M33 & the 3.80 M33-4 update aint change that for me sadly. I'm using a PSP fat if that make a difference.

Jack

3.80 M33-4
not fix the CPU and Bus CLOCK

fp:in the m33 VSH MENU set the CPU CLOCK GAME =333/166
But in the game CPU CLOCK is 333/111 so Play ISO and CSO will solwly!

Richlando

Use the Recovery LE Recovery.prx program (here somewhere)and change the speed in the vsh or in-game and it'll change it,although my speed is fine and I'm using a Phat model.

b4k4kun

I'm curious, in the previous version 3.71 M33, when you installed the 1.50 addon on phats, it disabled korean language and something else. Does the 1.50 addon for 3.80 M33 also do the same, or does it not affect it this time? If it doesn't affect it, would it also restore the Korean and whatever back?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm curious, in the previous version 3.71 M33, when you installed the 1.50 addon on phats, it disabled korean language and something else. Does the 1.50 addon for 3.80 M33 also do the same, or does it not affect it this time? If it doesn't affect it, would it also restore the Korean and whatever back?

Yes it still disables the Korean language. The 1.50 kernel doesn't understand the Korean language font, so that's why it needs to be disabled.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
I'm wondering why the psx savedata icon needs to be replaced with the dracula icon. Do you know why??