• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Updating Gamertag After Account Transfer

Muddy

Hey all. I recently began playing under a new Microsoft account, but I have retained the same gamertag by paying to change it on my previous Microsoft account and then assigning my newly-created account my original gamertag. However, I sense that there may be an issue with the Exophase system recognizing this transfer. As a test, I tried creating a gamercard using my gamertag, and it returns an error stating that the name does not exist. My account currently still shows the achievements earned on my previous account, though I'm hoping those achievements will be removed from my profile once it is updated. My gamertag is Muddy Maestro.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Since the underlying account ID changed and you are using the same gamertag, I can see why this caused issues. Currently we only check for GT changes on the same account ID, so basically your old ID is preventing the new one from being inserted.

Anyway, you should be good now. I manually removed the old profile data.

maximuxcast

Since the underlying account ID changed and you are using the same gamertag, I can see why this caused issues. Currently we only check for GT changes on the same account ID, so basically your old ID is preventing the new one from being inserted.

Anyway, you should be good now. I manually removed the old profile data.