• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

USA V. Italy

Joey

I've been watching this game from the 60th minute on, and my god is this US squad terrible. How can we not field a better team than this? We're putting in twice the effort, and getting half the result. The Italians look like they're not even trying, and they have a 2-1 lead. I know less than nothing about Soccer, but I can tell that this team just doesn't know what they're doing.

Only because I'm a masochist, I'm going to DVR the game against Brazil. Yeah, I'm that fucking stupid.

**EDIT**

Well, apparently we were a man down early... Still, that was a fairly pathetic effort. A 3-1 loss.

Hardrive

Contributor
Soccer in the US is not very developed, at all. Other nations have been playing long before we even picked up on it. Even today, the "big" sport here is NOT soccer, like it is overseas.

Honestly, I think that with the sad following that soccer has in the US, a 3-1 loss is respectable against the Italian team (who won the last world cup).

Joey

Soccer in the US is not very developed, at all. Other nations have been playing long before we even picked up on it. Even today, the "big" sport here is NOT soccer, like it is overseas.

Honestly, I think that with the sad following that soccer has in the US, a 3-1 loss is respectable against the Italian team (who won the last world cup).

But it's not like Italy is physically superior. Our team matches up in terms of athleticism and conditioning. I just can't believe how disorganized, and undisciplined they were. I mean, any numbskull can watch tape, and get a better understanding of certain situations, and how the handle them. It looked like these guys just started playing a couple weeks ago. When an Italian player would attack, two or three of our players would apply pressure, and the Italian player would pass the ball, and now the entire US team was out of position. It was insane to see the Italians playing so casually, and throwing our team off so easily.

We should have thrown a shit ton of money at Germany's manager a couple years ago when he was showing interest. Clearly Bob Bradley doesn't know a goddamn thing.

Also, didn't we draw with Italy when we played them in the World Cup? Are we worse, or are they just better?

CaLiRaIsEd23

i was really disappointed by how the U.S team played... the only guys making them look kind of good was Landon Donovan and Tim Howard who were playing to win ...the rest of the team was playing like they were scared of Italy......and the defense omg they were horrible ..if it wasnt for HOWARD the score would have been like 5-1

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM EST ----------

the coach should have took players that are mentaly prepared to play great teams like Italy...such as Landon Donovan, Demarcus Beasley,Tim HOward,Frankie Hedjuk,Carlos Bocanegra,Pablo Mastroeni..they are all good at playing at the national lvl

Joey

i was really disappointed by how the U.S team played... the only guys making them look kind of good was Landon Donovan and Tim Howard who were playing to win ...the rest of the team was playing like they were scared of Italy......and the defense omg they were horrible ..if it wasnt for HOWARD the score would have been like 5-1

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM EST ----------

the coach should have took players that are mentaly prepared to play great teams like Italy...such as Landon Donovan, Demarcus Beasley,Tim HOward,Frankie Hedjuk,Carlos Bocanegra,Pablo Mastroeni..they are all good at playing at the national lvl
Yeah, their defense was just embarrassing. I've seen maybe 4-5 US national team games (I'm extrememly new to soccer), and I'm starting to feel bad for Tim Howard. He seems like the only guy out there who knows what the fuck he's doing.

The guys in front of him make him look real bad.