• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 USB-Based PSFreedom PS3 Exploit Now Adapted To Palm Pre, Dingoo

Richlando

Sony didnt ban any psp systems so I dont see the ease entirely for the PS3.Sure the exploit itself but the chance of a console ban doesnt make the choice an easy one. ;) I bought a 2nd PS3 for homebrew and what it can offer, just for me, at least, I have no desire to rip games I dont own.
But! What I like most, call me crazy, is all the discussions taking place all over the net..theories, possiblities..etc. Some really intresting reads..idk.Would really love to see if there is an increase in PS3 sales going on now, lol.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yes because xbox and DS both aren't plagued with piracy and still great systems with games coming out for them. PSP was just garbage. It wasn't piracies fault the PSP was crap.

That's a load of bull. If the PSP was so bad as you claim it wouldn't have sold over 50 million, and if raving idiots with the same mindset hadn't jumped on the PSP wagon, maybe it would be better off tbh. Whatever haters say, the PSP was still a innovative awesome platform with lots of AAA titles damn worth the purchase.

But hey! Haters gonna hate

i was joking, but if you want to get get serious, the point i was making was the ease of piracy on the psp, DS requires a flash card, and the xbox requires either a jtag'd box, or a modified dvd drive(which can lead to an console ban), this however, requires a flash drive(and perhaps at one point, just the controller), making the ease of piracy right up there with the psp, i didn't say it'd fail, i was mostly pointing out how the psp scene has degraded into only being about piracy, and nothing about homebrew anylonger, while the xbox may be the same, the ease of doing it with the xbox is no where on the same level as doing it here.

This man speaks the truth.

Sony didnt ban any psp systems so I dont see the ease entirely for the PS3.Sure the exploit itself but the chance of a console ban doesnt make the choice an easy one. ;) I bought a 2nd PS3 for homebrew and what it can offer, just for me, at least, I have no desire to rip games I dont own.
But! What I like most, call me crazy, is all the discussions taking place all over the net..theories, possiblities..etc. Some really intresting reads..idk.Would really love to see if there is an increase in PS3 sales going on now, lol.

They can throw theories all they want, all this is going to lead to is piracy. I'm not seeing a decent HB Scene being born from all this. And yes, sales figures will go up, even if just a little because all those people who wanted a PS3 and didn't want to buy games can now fulfill their wish.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
They can throw theories all they want, all this is going to lead to is piracy. I'm not seeing a decent HB Scene being born from all this. And yes, sales figures will go up, even if just a little because all those people who wanted a PS3 and didn't want to buy games can now fulfill their wish.

Time will tell, there's definitely interest in the dev community from what I've seen. However, right now there's no way to compile code without the official SCE SDK, which is a major blockade for anyone wanting to release homebrew right now. Here's hoping a legal ps3toolchain isn't too far off :)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Time will tell, there's definitely interest in the dev community from what I've seen. However, right now there's no way to compile code without the official SCE SDK, which is a major blockade for anyone wanting to release homebrew right now. Here's hoping the release of a legal ps3toolchain isn't too far off :)

On another not you might want to make a newspost that Android officially runs the PSFreedom

Link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772795&