• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mobi Valve Introduces Steam Mobile App, Currently In Closed Beta

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Untitled-2.jpg

Once again, Valve has taken convenience a step further with the introduction of the mobile Steam app for Android and iOS platforms. Currently in closed beta, users
can use the app to chat with friends, keep tabs on daily Steam deals, browse community groups and view user generated content such as screenshots.

This means you'll never miss another Steam sale, which could potentially be bad for your wallet, but hey, we're grateful anyway.

"The Steam app comes from many direct requests from our customers," said Valve president Gabe Newell.

"Seeing which of your friends are online and playing a game, sending quick messages, looking at screenshots for an upcoming game, or catching a sale - these are all features customers have requested[...]

Continue reading: Valve Introduces Steam Mobile App, Currently In Closed Beta...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Been playing around with it for a few minutes and it's pretty slick. Nice and fast too at least on my Galaxy Nexus.

And yes, you can be logged into the main client and mobile at the same time.

Will post some more impressions soon.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Been playing around with it for a few minutes and it's pretty slick. Nice and fast too at least on my Galaxy Nexus.

And yes, you can be logged into the main client and mobile at the same time.

Will post some more impressions soon.

1) Came here to see if you got in the beta...lucky you!
2) Galaxy Nexus? Nice ;)

hush404

Kewls. Think I'll just wait for it to get outta beta before I try tho. One step closer to steam selling games on our phones :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Would anyone be interested in becoming a part of the mobile beta if they haven't been put into it yet? I just noticed that I was granted access (probably yesterday when I was away) and have one invite to distribute. First come first serve

Seth

MD Party Room
I want it

El Diablo

I got in as well. I'm so happy with it, I've been wanting an app to be able to chat on steam forever and this far surpasses that.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
So want in on this :p

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
If you want in just download the app and try to login and it'll automatically request for an invite. I downloaded the app yesterday and when I got home today I was already invited.