• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Albums Did You Listen To Today?

Riorio99

Shining - Blackjazz

Industrial blackened death metal with pop influences. Cool stuff.

I'm confused by the mix of genres. I wasn't aware that Blackened Death metal could be industrial nor have pop influences. Sounds like Trent Reznor joined Gorgoroth with Justin Beiber as lead singer, but it could be interesting. I'll check it out.

EDIT: I'm listening to Blackjazz Deathtrance, and the only way I can describe it is if Trent Reznor joined Gorgoroth with Phil Anslemo doing vocals through a blender. I can't hear any pop influence anywhere. Awesome stuff though.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
VersaEmerge - Fixed at Zero
-Great alternative/pop-punk record.

Parkway Drive - Deep Blue
- Heard better metalcore. But not terrible.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I'm confused by the mix of genres. I wasn't aware that Blackened Death metal could be industrial nor have pop influences. Sounds like Trent Reznor joined Gorgoroth with Justin Beiber as lead singer, but it could be interesting. I'll check it out.

EDIT: I'm listening to Blackjazz Deathtrance, and the only way I can describe it is if Trent Reznor joined Gorgoroth with Phil Anslemo doing vocals through a blender. I can't hear any pop influence anywhere. Awesome stuff though.

It's surprisingly catchy, so that's why I say it's poppy.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
The Narrative - S/T
-Great indie pop record. I suggest it to anyone if you like Tokyo Police Club, VersaEmerge, pop music, Vampire Weekend, Sex.

Riorio99

Iron Maiden - Powerslave, Killers, Matter Of Life and Death, Fear Of The Dark, Somewhere In Time and Live After Death. On a full on Maiden binge today. Hitting Sonisphere Knebworth next week, Maiden are headliners.

Dan

Contributor
Listened to what's available from Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare: Nightmare, Buried Alive, Welcome To The Family.

Each track took a good few listens to get into them, but I really like them now.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Listened to what's available from Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare: Nightmare, Buried Alive, Welcome To The Family.

Each track took a good few listens to get into them, but I really like them now.

I just finished listening to the whole thing. It's out there.

God Hates Us is amazing.

Dan

Contributor
The whole thing? When did that happen?!

Neverming, Zacky V put the songs up. I got goosebumps when I heard The Rev sing with Shadows, felt like he was about to cry.

El Diablo

Just finished listening to the whole CD, fucking love it. M Shadows screaming again on God Hates Us was amazing. I'm waiting for the demo they said they were going to put out with the Rev on drums for some stuff. Portnoy does a great job too playing with the Revs style.

RIP Rev, one of the greatest drummers ever.

Robby

Los Doyers!
E 1999 Eternal - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
I love this album, brings me back to middle school ahah

Recovery - Eminem
Eminem is my favorite rapper of all time, I listen to all his albums everyday.

ilyace

Recovery - Eminem
Eminem is my favorite rapper of all time, I listen to all his albums everyday.

Likewise, listened to that a bunch today.

Recovery - Eminem
Man On The Moon: The End of Day - Kid Cudi
A Kid Named Cudi - Kid Cudi

Also listened to a few singles off MOTM2.

I like Kid Cudi :blushing:

Joey

Likewise, listened to that a bunch today.

Recovery - Eminem
Man On The Moon: The End of Day - Kid Cudi
A Kid Named Cudi - Kid Cudi

Also listened to a few singles off MOTM2.

I like Kid Cudi :blushing:

I love Kid Cudi. Nothing better to smoke too.