• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Pisses You off more in RPGS

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
What do you guys reckon is more annoying random encounters eg. Poke'mon golden sun Final Fantasy) or bad level up systems (me personaley hated the sphere grid system from
FFX. Share your thoughts here.

Darkchild

The Doctor
hmm I personally hate when you lose a battle and it's game over, if you didn't save up...you will have to go ALL THE WAY THROUGH till the part you died, though...I'm used to it =D

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
I tell you is more frustrating though being stuck and then finding out it was something completely obvious eg. jumping across a ledge.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't mind random battles but when they are frequent it gets annoying. DQ series is a prime example of this. You enter a new encounter every 10 seconds or so.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
the something obvious one is so annoying, also hate it when everything gets a little to complicated. Like when you have to go to this city then this, then that, then buy this item, in order to go the start and buy another item to get a like +1 multiplier or something like people complain about the shortness of new gen games, I kinda like it. That way everything is short and sweet not dragged on and tedious.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
When you get to a key spot only to find out that you shoulda done something a couple hours of play back to continue.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
This is going to sound odd, but I hate it when the story is the main draw for an RPG... I know, sounds contradictory, and trust me, it's not like I don't like RPGs (it's my favorite genre), but I hate it when the actual gameplay isn't fun, therefore once you beat it and know the story there's no reason to play the game again. Nothin' pisses me off more than when I get more playtime from the supposed approx.15-hour Assassin's Creed or few-hour Guitar Hero 3 than my new shiny 80-hour RPG, just because the RPG has nothing for replay value.
(Of special note- a recent RPG really did a great job of avoiding this, and I hope some of the crappier RPGs follow suit in round 2- Mass Effect)

Also I hate it when the music of an RPG sucks, or when it's not really noticable, music is a MAJOR part for me, nothin' sets me back to happy times like listenin' to the Earthbound OST, for example, or Valkyrie Profile OST. (Or on a particular un-RPG note, the old NES Megaman games):smile:*Sighs*

goemon4

things that get to me

-Closed environments
-Androgyny
-RPG Cliches
-Bad music
-Overly complex battling systems
-Stupid hair
-Unrealism (Really, since when do monsters drop frickin gil and items?)
-Overly serious plots
-Un-original plots
-Back tracking
-Leveling up (just throw me into the game at level 100 and make the enemies hard to beat, enough to give me a challange but still beatable)
-LONG CUTSCENES (im looking at you final fantasy >( )

Yeah i dont like alot, but (then again) i dont like to many rpgs. My faves are The Elderscrolls series, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Beyond Oasis, the .Hack series, Cave Story and a few others. Final Fantasy games are on there, but only a few like 7 and 8.

alabatusa

taking a message from one place in a world to halfway across the world usually pisses me off. Damn its tedious... Crappy missions....

Pariah

Glitches are my main problem... I don't normally notice them, but with RPGs like Oblivion (which i love), it really fries my potatoes when a small glitch means i can't complete a huge mission. More specifically, the vampire mission in Oblivion.

Tetris999

I hate the gameplay, stories ftw! hah jk

no random battles piss me off

the tales series were the only games that made random battles interesting

Tetris999

I barely play RPGs (Sorry y'all)
but I'm actually fed up with ramdom battles. XD

@Tetris999: Hey man! Haven't seen you for a long time

OFFTOPIC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah its been awhile i totally forgot what the sites name was called thats why

i actually thought it was xesphere.com or something but thats the name of the admin :w00t:

oh and pariah you've been using that sig i made for you like a year ago and its surprising that you're still using it im honored :laugh:

im just wondering if i should keep my request thread up or start a new one? i have to say, i laugh at my grammer and words that i used in that thread, i guess you mature a lot in one year eh?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON-TOPIC

Ummmmmm, nothing to say :glare: sorry mods :sad:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
ON-TOPIC

Ummmmmm, nothing to say :glare: sorry mods :sad:

SORRY DOESN'T SAVE YOU FROM THE BANHAMMER! MUAH-HAHAHAHAHA! :wink: Just messin'.

thesorrowmgs3

Custom Pro
Random battles that you know are coming. I hate it.