• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What really happened with QJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Access_Denied

mohaas05 said:
The fact that all the non-gaming forums there are all but abandoned.

I think you mean all non-PSP forums were abandoned.

QJ is full of noobs. After all the good members were banned, more and more of the remaining good members started to not post. As the good members stopped posting, more noobs flooded the site. Pretty soon, anybody who had at least half of a brain couldn't go to QJ without bursting into flames because of the stupidity. Pretty soon, the forums were so flooded with moronic threads, that it was beyond recovery. I migrated from QJ over a year ago, and never looked back. There's so many better forums out there. (Like this one. Although this site needs a traffic boost.)

Noriyuke

QJ once to me was a known safe haven for up-to-date knowledge of all the going-on's of the PSP Homebrew and Hacking Scene since Hello World was introduced. I was in the Scene since the PSP was released in the USA with 1.50. I tried very hard to help the home brewers as much as humanly possible and was known to give game development advice to many games. Although many of the games i worked on didn't see the light of day because I'm no programmer and the programmers for those games got lazy as fuck. I stuck with beta testing. After i started getting in trouble here and there my time on forums became less and less until it was nil. My account was later closed for some reason, i could log on, but couldn't post. So i made a new account, same name, just added 127. Then i started getting no response at all from anyone for my questions until someone posted this site to me. At least you guys try to answer my questions, so I'm staying.

I'm hoping we, as a community can become a gaming safe haven for the few that still play games to this day as i once did for the QJ community.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Well, things did get boring when all the good members got banned, and most of the store items were eliminated because of the abuse of them. Not to mention that once the points were reset, NOBODY used them or even speak of them anymore. (I really hate to bring that up, but it is there to construct my point) I think that most of the QJ admin were so uptight on rules that they destroyed themselves. I also hated that QJ was literally always relying on the PSP forums. I know that that is how QJ originated from but a GAMING forum should not be for one console (unless stated otherwise).

I hope M4M will be way better than what QJ is now, because I feel that M4M should be more than just an internet forum.

Seth

MD Party Room
I think qj sucked because I never became a mod...J/k

Chathurga

Not so stealthy hint dropping, I love it.

I hate Qj because I never felt the need to post in anywhere but the MDPR. I like posting on M4M, on Qj it was like a chore. Like being 50 and having to have sex with your old wife, M4M is the loose youngster that made you feel or do things you had lost hope of ever experiencing... or something like that.

NeilR said:
It might not seem it to you but that is the main reason for the mods and admins defecting from the site and the catalyst for MfM's existence.
But how does the front page staff affect the forum staff?

Whisper

Logic :(
I left recently...600 posts later and hours wasted on that review of you thread.

It just got to slow for me.

-MjW-

Nice to hear all opinions about it. So the conclusion is, that something went wrong indeed and the main reason wasn't the PSP scene going weak. Sad to see such a big community moving the wrong direction.

But on the other hand the fall of something great is usually followed by the rise of something other.

MfM seems to have the support of some very good and productive people thus the quality of users and staff is quite high and this is what counts after all. With some will and work MfM can gain a much higher status in the news and gaming discussion boards.

Congrats and good luck.
Chathurga said:
Soon in High Def Blu Ray!

Colm

-MjW- said:
Soon in High Def Blu Ray!
So I wasn't the only one who imagined a Don LaFontaine voice saying that line...
I want that blu-ray.

ReneX

well i still have my qj account but havent use it in a long time, sad but true what happend to qj, anyway is good to see old faces here :)

Noriyuke

Lemme ask you guys something? Out of all of you that have posted on this thread, how many of you paid the monthly thing to become a power user, or whatever QJ is calling it now?

*Raises Hand*
:mad:

Seth

MD Party Room
Umm Me and this other user became dev,so we never had to pay for prem...

But there where tons of other users who bought it, Madsoul ,TheMarioKarters,makarman kyleownsyou..

Adiuvo

Noriyuke said:
Lemme ask you guys something? Out of all of you that have posted on this thread, how many of you paid the monthly thing to become a power user, or whatever QJ is calling it now?

*Raises Hand*
:mad:
I did before I became a VIP. When I did I didn't bother renewing it. Now that I look back on it the only reason I did it was to support the site, which is pretty sad considering the state of it now.

Whisper

Logic :(
I never liked the idea of buying premium. I don't mind at looking at ads for free services.

Chathurga

I like having the option to donate to sites even if it doesn't earn you anything, wouldn't mind seeing the option here.
Giving how much time I kill here, it has more than earned my money.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think we are going to keep the forums ad free, but once the ads hit the blog, feel free to click away to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.