• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Web Browser Do You Use?

Chathurga

Hiratai said:
Whoa whoa whoa. Why the hell isn't Camino on the list?
Maybe because Xando can't list every single browser ever made. That's what the other option is for or are you too stupid to see that?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
i voted other because i have multiple browsers.

1.internet explorer
2.mozilla firefox
3.Opera
4.safari
(i havent tried google chrome yet but plan to.)
5.I made one myself in visual basic and didnt name it yet.
6.minuet browser ( wap phone internet for the pc)
7.motorbrowse ( wap again)
8. the one built into limewire.

thats all folks.

Seth

MD Party Room
BlackBurd said:
i voted other because i have multiple browsers.

1.internet explorer
2.mozilla firefox
3.Opera
4.safari
(i havent tried google chrome yet but plan to.)
5.I made one myself in visual basic and didnt name it yet.
6.minuet browser ( wap phone internet for the pc)
7.motorbrowse ( wap again)
8. the one built into limewire.

thats all folks.
That nothing...At one point I had
1.internet explorer 6
2.Firefox 3.0
3.Opera
4.safari
5.internet explorer 7
6.internet explorer 8 beta
7.Google Chrome beta
8.Orca Browser
9.Firefox 3.1 beta
10.Wyzo ( For bit torrent)
11.Avant Browser
12.K-Meleon 1.5.1
and if you count it songbird

And I used all of them atlest twice a week... Just for the hell of it....It was really nice to have all that freedom... This is all on my side pc tho not my main one.

I now only have 5.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Vanden said:
That nothing...At one point I had
1.internet explorer 6
2.Firefox 3.0
3.Opera
4.safari
5.internet explorer 7
6.internet explorer 8 beta
7.Google Chrome beta
8.Orca Browser
9.Firefox 3.1 beta
10.Wyzo ( For bit torrent)
11.Avant Browser
12.K-Meleon 1.5.1
and if you count it songbird

And I used all of them atlest twice a week... Just for the hell of it....It was really nice to have all that freedom... This is all on my side pc tho not my main one.

I now only have 5.

Well since you have such an extensive knowledge of web browsers do you know if they have one that has a built in anonymizing proxy or if theres a plugin for firefox to do that. (i hate using web based they take to lonk=g to load a page.)

Seth

MD Party Room
BlackBurd said:
Well since you have such an extensive knowledge of web browsers do you know if they have one that has a built in anonymizing proxy or if theres a plugin for firefox to do that. (i hate using web based they take to lonk=g to load a page.)
I use tor...have you heard of tor?

And why do you need a proxy anyway?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Vanden said:
I use tor...have you heard of tor?

And why do you need a proxy anyway?
I get on alot of shared connections and i dont trust them.
i was working on a project and someone stole it so i always use a proxy so im untracable for if i make something and it has copyright things in it.

And no i havent heard of tor.

eighty4

Chathurga said:
Maybe because Xando can't list every single browser ever made. That's what the other option is for or are you too stupid to see that?
I would think that other would relate to browsers made by third parties, you know the ones that only 2% of people use? Didn't know that you didn't know about Camino for OSX users, or thought it was decent enough to have it's own spot on the list; feel sorry for you.

Chathurga

Hiratai said:
I would think that other would relate to browsers made by third parties, you know the ones that only 2% of people use? Didn't know that you didn't know about Camino for OSX users, or thought it was decent enough to have it's own spot on the list; feel sorry for you.

The ones listed are the 5 most used browsers out there, that's where they are there. Camino isn't really note worthy, why should it be on the list and not k-melon for example?

And lol at the "feel sorry" for me part, unless your the most empathetic person in the world then that was a really failed put down.

Colm

Slasher said:
Just got this message
[qimg]http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6581/crashbm0.png[/qimg]

I like the 'whoa!', it's a nice touch lol
That's brilliant. Making error messages a bit funnier.
All we need now is for the blue screen of death to be this:
Code:
Whoa! Windows has crashed for the 209th time.
This means you are doing something wrong. Don't blame us, it's your fault. But if you hate us that much, go install Ubuntu and come crying back when you discover you can't play WoW on Linux.
We won't tell you what caused this. But if you're smart enough, decode THIS:
STOP: 0x8900000056 (0x00000000, 0x00540696, 0x9FH6540)
ntfs.sys is unreadable

BLAHAHAHAHAHA

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Camino 2.0 Alpha1...Basically a Mac-esque Firefox without extensibility (same rendering engine). On OS X Firefox just does not integrate well at all, it still feels really "ported." On windows I'm all about Firefox though.

eldiablov

Contributor
Moose said:
Still pretty neat that he made a shell... I sure would like to be able to do that.

I can do that ... anybody can :/

A true web browser would involve writing your own html parser etc Which I definitely cannot do at this point in time.

Noriyuke

You know, i must point out that ive been a mozilla user since 1.5, but today, after being reccomended opera as a low resource web browser, i must say, im fucking obsessed at how fast it is compared to mozilla, i mean, wow.

eighty4

Chathurga said:
The ones listed are the 5 most used browsers out there, that's where they are there. Camino isn't really note worthy, why should it be on the list and not k-melon for example?

And lol at the "feel sorry" for me part, unless your the most empathetic person in the world then that was a really failed put down.
Put down? I don't "put down" people - I make the likes of you understand that whenever you type, you sound like you're PMSing or just angry at the world for no reason.

Also, Camino is the 3rd most used browser on OSX platforms since March.

Eran said:
That's brilliant. Making error messages a bit funnier.
All we need now is for the blue screen of death to be this:
Code:
Whoa! Windows has crashed for the 209th time.
This means you are doing something wrong. Don't blame us, it's your fault. But if you hate us that much, go install Ubuntu and come crying back when you discover you can't play WoW on Linux.
We won't tell you what caused this. But if you're smart enough, decode THIS:
STOP: 0x8900000056 (0x00000000, 0x00540696, 0x9FH6540)
ntfs.sys is unreadable

BLAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL. Good Call.

Speaking of Google, anyone hear of that Google iPhone app? There was heaps of hype on the fact that they used an undocumented API for one of it's main features, and under further investigation, some people found out that they also used private Windows functions to secure Chrome, functions that could only be found through reverse engineering.

Source

Tooplex

Firefox 3. Cant live without my addons. And i just really use any other web browsers because there just not my style.

JaX3RiR

I've used Mozilla Firefox since I got a broadband connection back in '06 ;D

I've only used IE like three or four times on my PC after that, every time because I had reinstalled Windows for some reason or another and had to download Firefox again.