• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Web Browser Do You Use?

Noriyuke

JaX3RiR said:
I've used Mozilla Firefox since I got a broadband connection back in '06 ;D

I've only used IE like three or four times on my PC after that, every time because I had reinstalled Windows for some reason or another and had to download Firefox again.

That would be like the only reason i would use IE, to get firefox.

Adiuvo

Noriyuke said:
That would be like the only reason i would use IE, to get firefox.
There are still a few sites that work horribly with Firefox. I also use IE for proprietary plugins that are needed to access special services, like the Megaupload toolbar.

But yeah, besides that there isn't much use for IE. It's a decent browser now though.

Seth

MD Party Room
Ie 8 beta is really nice. And once you add ie pro. I feel it beces on par with firefox for most web users

Tooplex

Adiuvo said:
There are still a few sites that work horribly with Firefox. I also use IE for proprietary plugins that are needed to access special services, like the Megaupload toolbar.

But yeah, besides that there isn't much use for IE. It's a decent browser now though.

If your having problems with some websites in Firefox you can use this mod called IEtab. It basically opens websites in the way IE shows pages but in firefox. I havent had to use IE ever since.

Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Im using Iron(Chrome - all the google 'big brother' stuff + adblock + more up to date webkit and v8) atm

opera is my #2 at the moment. firefox is 3. IE is the only if I HAVE to.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I use Firefox 8/10 for my general browsing. But on occasion I'll do some research or do some "private browsing" and ill use chrome.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
chrome seems to have slowed down a bit. I get a white page for a second when switching tabs. opera 10 alpha is the fastest for me.