• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's the longest you've gone without talking?

Serideth

Read the post: "I'm not saying I don't feel the same as you". I understand where you're coming from but maybe you should also understand other peoples point of views? If everybody was lived like you, let's see how the world turns. I couldn't stand staying 2 weeks in one room, not doing anything, or saying anything, but if that makes him happy, then let the dude do what he wants. If you can't understand how maybe he might enjoy something different than you, especially coming from a much more restricted lifestyle than the ones that exist in America/Europe, then you can't really tell anybody how to live their life.
I do try to understand other peoples views, really. And I apologized to Torch in my last post for being so pushy. This is just something I guess I can't understand because with my life and experiences it just seems so out there.

Once again I'm sorry if my posts came off as rude and brash, I don't wake up with intent to offend anyone.

LocutusEstBorg

I do try to understand other peoples views, really. And I apologized to Torch in my last post for being so pushy. This is just something I guess I can't understand because with my life and experiences it just seems so out there.

Once again I'm sorry if my posts came off as rude and brash, I don't wake up with intent to offend anyone.

That's another thing I don't get: apologies. People say sorry to me for the most random things and I'm like WTF. Why would you even think I would be offended at anything you did or said. I never apologize to anyone for anything. I don't say things I don't mean.

Anyone who gets offended on the internet shouldn't even be online.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
That's another thing I don't get: apologies. People say sorry to me for the most random things and I'm like WTF. Why would you even think I would be offended at anything you did or said. I never apologize to anyone for anything. I don't say things I don't mean.

Annnd you lost me. At first I thought you had the perfect formula, now I think you're just weird. no homo.

Serideth

I guess I'll try to explain.

I apologized because I did something that goes against what I believe in (in this case being rude). I try to treat people online as I would in face to face because at the end of the day no matter how we're communicating we are still real people. To me it doesn't matter if I offended you or not, I did something I'm not particularly proud of and that's why I apologize.

You see when you say "Anyone who gets offended on the internet shouldn't even be online" I disagree once more because I don't think the internet should be a place where one expects to get a hostile reaction, sadly this is not the case, but if someone had spoken to me the way I did to you I would of been offended. That's not to say I'd be raging and plotting your murder, but at the same time I wouldn't be pleased.

I hope that explains where I'm coming from. I could actually spend hours talking to someone like you as you're so different to myself and therefore interesting.

Cloudy

I guess I'll try to explain.

I apologized because I did something that goes against what I believe in (in this case being rude). I try to treat people online as I would in face to face because at the end of the day no matter how we're communicating we are still real people. To me it doesn't matter if I offended you or not, I did something I'm not particularly proud of and that's why I apologize.

You see when you say "Anyone who gets offended on the internet shouldn't even be online" I disagree once more because I don't think the internet should be a place where one expects to get a hostile reaction, sadly this is not the case, but if someone had spoken to me the way I did to you I would of been offended. That's not to say I'd be raging and plotting your murder, but at the same time I wouldn't be pleased.

I hope that explains where I'm coming from. I could actually spend hours talking to someone like you as you're so different to myself and therefore interesting.

Well said.

As for the original question, I don't think I've ever gone more than a few hours without speaking to someone. Don't really spend much time on my own, so that would be impossible.

However, I also don't get out much. I have a really bad shyness problem bordering on a disorder, and wouldn't actually surprise me if I had one - although, to the best of my knowledge I don't. Could count the number of real life friends I have quite easily. At least, friends that I communicate with on a regular basis. Can't say I'm happy with that, but as much as I try changing it I never seem to get anywhere. Alcohol helps ;p

I guess, as Seri said earlier in the thread that would be my regret. Not living more, because compared to people I know I haven't truly lived.

Anyway, OTness over!

january39

eXo Staff
I speak to people all day at work, as a result on the evening i say bugger all, just get on a 1 to 1 with the PS3 and a beer, perhaps even a little multi player if i am feeling a bit risqu

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

damn dude, i apologize to everyone for the slightest thing, you would hate me irl, although i use apologizes as more of a defense mechanism to people i don't know

Adiuvo

People get offended at the easiest things. To keep the most people their 'good terms' list, people often tread carefully around them until you know the person well. I don't like it either since it prevents you from calling someone what they are if it's at all negative, but it's the way humans in general have decided to live.

LocutusEstBorg

I'd say sorry if I stepped on someone's foot, that's about it. I don't say wise things off the top of my head to insult/comment on peoples actions; I can't even if I wanted to; I'm not that eloquent.

explosions

I'd say sorry if I stepped on someone's foot, that's about it. I don't say wise things off the top of my head to insult/comment on peoples actions; I can't even if I wanted to; I'm not that eloquent.

I do that out of habit. Its kinda scary when you speak before you think.

Moose

Meta Moose
I don't remember any significant amount of time where I have not talked to someone. I can't imagine not talking to anyone for two weeks (in Torch's case) - even a shopkeeper or over-the-phone delivery person. I'd say that is more of an achievement than anything. xD