• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Where are you from?

Slasher

Suck It
The city that I'm about to describe is where I actually reside (my parents house). I lived here from Grade 4 to Grade 9 and then just moved back here this past summer. The city is named Burlington, and it's located in Ontario, Canada.

It's a nice little suburb located right beside Hamilton, Ontario, and is no more than a 40 minute drive to Toronto. The population last time I checked was around 160 000 people. It has everything you'd expect a typical city to have, and the actual city portion of Burlington is like a giant cement block: there's roads and pavement everywhere and there's not a whole lot of wildlife unless you actually go to the forested area located up in the hills.

When I refer to "the hills", I'm referring to the Niagara Escarpment which is a pretty big hill that is located just behind Burlington and stretches all along this area and beyond.
Niagara_Escarpment_map.png

Niagara-Escarpment-Winter-IMG_0626.JPG

800px-Burlington,_Ontario_City_Hall_955.jpg

1640472-Downtown_Burlington-Burlington_312.jpg

2424282920_105de7dda7_790.jpg

2939562592_95603d4855_585.jpg

What a beautiful beach, eh? I don't know what they were thinking lol
2646042226_c928b26b9b_006.jpg

2942072108_89e765fee8_702.jpg

Winter!
12145756127jmVldj_167.jpg

Burlington is home to the largest ribfest in Canada and to the second largest in all of North America. I go there every year and it's always a blast; there's tons of food, and tons of things to do. Places from all over North America come here and set up their own little stand and cook the best ribs I've ever eaten nonstop for 4 days. This takes place every year during the last week of summer.

BurlingtonRibFest2006176_495.jpg

800px-Ribfest1_953.jpg

The event takes place in Spencer Smith Park which is located right along the coast of Lake Ontario. It's basically the front of Burlington that faces Lake Ontario. This park is pretty well known and a lot of movies do their shootings here, one that comes to mind is the first x-men movie when they did some filming there.

annnnnd that's all I've got for now lol. This is where I grew up for the most part

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Burlington looks awesome. If I'm ever in Canada I'm definitely going to come visit haha. Especially if it's in the summer...my god I love ribs... Once I'm in college next year maybe I'll be able to convince some friends to take a road trip up to Ontario :D

I live in a boring suburb of Philadelphia, PA (actually about 40 mins outside of it). It's pretty standard, has a lot of woods, etc., I even have woods with a nice walking trail right behind my house. I don't mind it too much, there's some good shops like the local pizza place, Tony's, and it's within 15-20 minutes of 3 major malls and pretty much any store imaginable on the way.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
The city that I'm about to describe is where I actually reside (my parents house). I lived here from Grade 4 to Grade 9 and then just moved back here this past summer. The city is named Burlington, and it's located in Ontario, Canada.

It's a nice little suburb located right beside Hamilton, Ontario, and is no more than a 40 minute drive to Toronto. The population last time I checked was around 160 000 people. It has everything you'd expect a typical city to have, and the actual city portion of Burlington is like a giant cement block: there's roads and pavement everywhere and there's not a whole lot of wildlife unless you actually go to the forested area located up in the hills.

When I refer to "the hills", I'm referring to the Niagara Escarpment which is a pretty big hill that is located just behind Burlington and stretches all along this area and beyond.
[qimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Niagara_Escarpment_map.png[/qimg]
[qimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d2/Niagara-Escarpment-Winter-IMG_0626.JPG[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/800px-Burlington,_Ontario_City_Hall_955.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/1640472-Downtown_Burlington-Burlington_312.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/2424282920_105de7dda7_790.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/2939562592_95603d4855_585.jpg[/qimg]

What a beautiful beach, eh? I don't know what they were thinking lol
[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/2646042226_c928b26b9b_006.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/2942072108_89e765fee8_702.jpg[/qimg]

Winter!
[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/12145756127jmVldj_167.jpg[/qimg]

Burlington is home to the largest ribfest in Canada and to the second largest in all of North America. I go there every year and it's always a blast; there's tons of food, and tons of things to do. Places from all over North America come here and set up their own little stand and cook the best ribs I've ever eaten nonstop for 4 days. This takes place every year during the last week of summer.

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/BurlingtonRibFest2006176_495.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.youresam.com/img/800px-Ribfest1_953.jpg[/qimg]

The event takes place in Spencer Smith Park which is located right along the coast of Lake Ontario. It's basically the front of Burlington that faces Lake Ontario. This park is pretty well known and a lot of movies do their shootings here, one that comes to mind is the first x-men movie when they did some filming there.

annnnnd that's all I've got for now lol. This is where I grew up for the most part

That's cool.
I never knew there was a Burlington in Canada.
I've been to Burlington, Vermont, however.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I live in a small town about 30 miles from Findlay, Ohio.

The town is called Jenera. The most exciting thing to do here is go to a friday night football game. I play soccer for out high-school's team and as of right now we don't even have enough upcoming players to field an 11 man team this upcoming fall.

Findlay is a little different. We have decent stores like Best Buy, 2 Wal-Mart Supercenters, a City Mall, and more. We have 3 gamestops but they're all pretty small. Not much besides that. Nothing like Slasher's rib fest. We don't do anything like that here.

Also a town that's close by is Bluffton. There is a Recreation Center there where I play Indoor Soccer. There's also a nice weightlifting gym and basketball court. There was a convenient video rental store but it was damaged in a pretty bad flood we had a while back. Other than those, there is a few Dollar Generals and a small Grocery Store.

That's it. Perhaps I rambled too much..
Also, just to put it in perspective, as of right now I can't get anything but dial-up internet.
That's how far away I am.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I live in Jacksonville, Florida. You have probably heard about it at one point in time cause it hosted Superbowl 40 (XL). As far as our community is concerned, the first thing that comes to my mind is that we have a bit of crime. Like a recent news story was that a random kid was shot walking to a bis stop. Or we got 5 year old bringing guns to school at least every month. But our city fits my needs and has become more crowded over the years. Now we do have just about every store that there is down here.

We have a lot of southern style restraunts and your more upper scale restraunts all over the place.

If you havn't noticed the relation between my name and my locality here it is. Gainsville is a nearby city that host the Florida Gators (2009 BCS National Champs). I am a big fan of the gators and i want to be a florida gator one day...

So yea... That's where im from

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I reside in Scottsdale, Arizona. I moved here after graduating from high school back in Michigan, primarily due to career reasons. It's very nice here, can't say I miss the winter weather of MI at all. :)

Slasher

Suck It
Another thing I guess I'll mention about Burlington is that there is very little crime here. As far as I can tell after searching google, there was only 1 murder for all of 2008
I reside in Scottsdale, Arizona. I moved here after graduating from high school back in Michigan, primarily due to career reasons. It's very nice here, can't say I miss the winter weather of MI at all. :)

My grandpa went there about a year ago for vacation and said it was pretty nice. It's a real "show-offy" sort of city isn't it? There's a lot of nice cars driving around and everybody is for the most part pretty rich apparently from what I've heard anyways lol

Robby

Los Doyers!
I live in Whittier, California.
Pretty nice and quiet city. We apparently have a high crime/sexual assault rate which recorded 3,000 convictions in 2008, This actually surprised me.

We had a couple of movies filmed here such as Back to the Future, Hocus Pocus, Matilda, Bringing Down the House, Terminator 3, and Disturbia.

Richard Nixon used to live here, he went to Whittier High School and was on the football team.
Oscar de la Hoya's aunt I think it was used to live across the street from me and he would go jogging up and down the hills.

Joey

I live in Whittier, California.
Pretty nice and quiet city. We apparently have a high crime/sexual assault rate which recorded 3,000 convictions in 2008, This actually surprised me.

We had a couple of movies filmed here such as Back to the Future, Hocus Pocus, Matilda, Bringing Down the House, Terminator 3, and Disturbia.

Richard Nixon used to live here, he went to Whittier High School and was on the football team.
Oscar de la Hoya's aunt I think it was used to live across the street from me and he would go jogging up and down the hills.
Nighty night, keep your butthole tight...

Serideth

Pretty poor effort made by some people in this thread considering Slasher made a decent post, anyway here I go.

I live in Ireland, just a little south of Dublin. It's the Capital of Ireland, a small country in the EU located next to England.

Here's a few pics.

Here's the Liffy, it's a river that runs through the main town, this thing seperates the rich from the poor (no joke).

halfpenny%20bridge%20dublin.jpg

Here's the main street in Ireland, Grafton street, it's got some cool shops and a mall. Funny thing is most of you American kids wouldn't be able to afford shopping here, it's crazy money if you're coming from the US!

Dublin_-_Grafton_Street.JPG

Anyway, where I live is a small town called Bray, it's a sea side town.

You can see the town down there on the left:

3314755-View_from_Bray_Head-Bray.jpg

Here's a close up of the buildings:

Bray-SeaFront%27s-hotels.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Another thing I guess I'll mention about Burlington is that there is very little crime here. As far as I can tell after searching google, there was only 1 murder for all of 2008

My grandpa went there about a year ago for vacation and said it was pretty nice. It's a real "show-offy" sort of city isn't it? There's a lot of nice cars driving around and everybody is for the most part pretty rich apparently from what I've heard anyways lol

Yeah, I'd say that's true. For the most part people that live in the newer areas around here are rich. I'm not though xD My parents bought a house here a few years ago when the market was actually reasonable. Prices have almost doubled since then. You can still find condos for a decent price though.

Slasher

Suck It
snooooow (this picture is pre-thestormsaturday/sunday, so imagine what it looks like now +25cm)
01152009058da3.jpg

Anybody else get some snow this past weekend? The driveway was a bitch to shovel yesterday

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
snooooow (this picture is pre-thestormsaturday/sunday, so imagine what it looks like now +25cm)
[qimg]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1741/01152009058da3.jpg[/qimg]

Anybody else get some snow this past weekend? The driveway was a bitch to shovel yesterday

Same! Got about 2-3 inches, it was nice. :laugh:

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
It's been slushy the past couple of days.
But I think it got somewhere near -20 this past week.
Some place in NY or VT was -42 F.
I'll post some pictures when I find some good ones.

Slasher

Suck It
Kind of unrelated to the thread topic but I think it's interesting learning about different places, so whatever, here's some random pics I have from last year. There was quite a bit of snow last year, I wonder if it'll be the same this year

My bus crashed one morning because it was slippery lol
dsc01176je7.jpg

After a snow fall
dsc01213bs3.jpg

Yeah, the snow banks were taller than me
dsc01218uc5.jpg

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
Salem, OR

Images courtesy of Google and those who took them. The area I live in is pretty urban through and through, however there are some rural areas as you near the outskirts of town. Nothing truly exciting ever happens here.

f_SalemOregonm_c2aa221.jpg

f_USBankdowntm_963e87c.jpg

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
300px-TupperLake,NY.jpg

I didn't take this, here is the main road right before the school and businesses.

871001_Sim_Aerial_Park%20Street_ar3%20webready.jpg

What they want to do to the main road.
The blue building on the left is "Guido's"<- good pizza.
After that is the movie theatre, where I spend the majority of my time away from home.

Some I took:
CIMG1831.jpg

View from my room.

l_c4d67007b12b820bf4e9cc8cfc89b30f.jpg

Trees down the road.

l_01a366b61c714f46aee06101455c8778.jpg

Dam that near my town that I'm drawn to for some reason.

l_4365345b1d537cd9eb1e2fe4c33151d5.jpg

Last winter "Just a little bit of snow."

l_1215fd7290364ca3b26d96ffed8aca71.jpg

More of the Dam.

l_521fc4e09425446c95b6717f9f113ebf.jpg

The actual dam part of the Dam.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I live around Toronto, Canada. It snows a lot here, naturally, and that means shoveling which is quite annoying sometimes.

I don't really like the weather here: it's either extremely cold and dry in winter or extremely hot AND humid in summer. The hot and cold I can deal with. The dry and humid annoys me.

Toronto is the same as every other city, unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share but maybe Nimsical does.