• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Where do you guys work at?

Cryox

Bro.
in NY state it's 7.25 iirc, i get payed 8.50 an hour, so idk if it's still 7.25 or not

It's $7.25 here in Indy as well. I would think minimum would be higher in NY since everything there apparently costs wayyy more than some other states. I haven't been there, but that's what I've heard.

Seth

MD Party Room
woah, that's crazy! What's the minimum wage in the states? In montreal it's 9.50, according to xe.com that's 9.24 usd.

Yeah, i know what you mean, especially if it's your dad.

$7.40 :(

BlackSheep

I get payed 7.85 for having the job for only 3 months i think its great at McDonald's i only got payed 7.50 for the year i worked there

LocutusEstBorg

I'm basically a dev, multiplatform, whatever they need at the moment. Got a hike, $130/mo. I'd kill to work in a bakery and get 10x that. Know someone who worked in a bakery abroad and came back with a Beemer. A Beemer is like a owning a private jet here. Well not that dramatic but you get the picture.

LocutusEstBorg

Here its very easy to get a job, but to get paid anything remotely decent is almost impossible. You're treated like a child who knows nothing even after college and until you have several years of experience.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Here its very easy to get a job, but to get paid anything remotely decent is almost impossible. You're treated like a child who knows nothing even after college and until you have several years of experience.

I will work the crappiest job for minimum wage.
Getting some income is better then getting no income, can't do much with no money at all.

Sucks too because I WANT to work, I really do. But no one is hiring right now. Hopefully when summer ends and everyone goes back to school, I can get a job.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nowhere, because nobody will fucking hire me...

Same.

Gonna give it my best to see if SCEE hires me. But I don't have my hopes up

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
If you're a skilled game dev I don't see why one of their internally owned studios won't hire you. Especially considering all the crappy PSP games.

I'm just going for a Localisation Tester position at this point. I still have lots to learn and I hope this job helps me get more in touch with things :p

Slasher

Suck It
May-August I work as a mover. Decent pay, insane hours, extremely hard work 6 days a week. Almost every day is a shitshow. My social life is put on hold because I work so damn much

From Sept-April I go to school while unemployed and living off of the money I earned during the summer

Lithia Nissan dealership. I run miscellaneous errands, detail cars, and tend to the lot. It's whatever until I find something better or move up from my current position.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I work at Dairy Queen. 2009 - Present

I make $7.25. Some of you guys whining about $7.50 or $7.40 shouldn't complain. But so shouldn't I, I got pretty lucky to get a job and I'm a notorious fuck-up at times.

january39

eXo Staff
I work for SAP AG, as a PM Analyst - Pay's pretty good, but can be a bit mundane from time to time.

Bran

Yell
I work at International Automotive Components, assembling the passenger side visor and visor center support to the headliner substrate of the 2011 Jeep Cherokee and the as of yet unnamed replacement for the Dodge Durango. I work second shift from 4pm to 12:30am and am paid $10.50 an hour or $15.75 an hour for over time anything over 8 hours a day and all day saturday.

I tend to make 400 dollars a week.

Deathrow

During the summer I only work, while during the other months I go to college. But when I do work, I work at the paintball fields where I ref paintball and do laborious work. I even have gotten to drive a dump truck, forklift, bob cat, and steam roller all without a special license. Currently right now, I'm being reviewed by Cryptic Game Studios (based in Los Gatos, California) to test video games and document bugs on their latest games.