• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Why do people think it's ok to buy 200$ headphones but not 200$ jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EriCKY

Of course you're probably all nerds so you're gonna make fun of me for this

but honestly, I wanna look good when I go out. I wanna score chicks and I wanna fuck bitches. If you wear $5 walmart jeans you're not gonna get shit.

So why is buying a 200 dollar pair of Japanese Dry Denim regarded so stupidly nowadays?

Tooplex

EriCKY said:

but honestly, I wanna look good when I go out. I wanna score chicks and I wanna fuck bitches. If you wear $5 walmart jeans you're not gonna get shit.

So why is buying a 200 dollar pair of Japanese Dry Denim regarded so stupidly nowadays?

Mainly because that much money for 1 peice of clothing is insane to pay for. Oh and my headset cost 30 pounds :p

ilyace

Tbh I think that caring how much a person spent on either their jeans, or their headset cost is stupid. The most I've spent on a pair of jeans was $100, and that was a year ago. On the other side I've spent $80 on speakers, and $140 total on mouse + keyboard, but hey it was my money and I did whatever the hell I wanted with it. I think that it just comes down to what a person's interest is and if they give a shit about what people say or think of them. Imo "buying a 200 dollar pair of Japanese Dry Demin" should not be regarded as stupid, it's the concern person who bought them, if there even is one (if they're broke and buying $200 jeans, they're just stupid).

ilyace

EriCKY said:
I wanna score chicks and I wanna fuck bitches. If you wear $5 walmart jeans you're not gonna get shit.

True, but I don't think it takes $200...maybe $50-100? Also, lol at the first part :)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
with the chances of people really not careing about jeans, and depends how you look*face,eyes cute etc...*
Yup, by your theory, an very fat fat, ugly person can get an chick with 200$ jeans.
I rather buy something I can keep forever*or longer* then stuff that you outgrow.

EriCKY

Pokemanz master said:
with the chances of people really not careing about jeans, and depends how you look*face,eyes cute etc...*
Yup, by your theory, an very fat fat, ugly person can get an chick with 200$ jeans.
I rather buy something I can keep forever*or longer* then stuff that you outgrow.

I'm sorry that I like real girls unlike your pure perfect anime girls

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
EriCKY said:
I'm sorry that I like real girls unlike your pure perfect anime girls
don't worry, I get an real girl dress as an anime character since everyone assume I don't like real girls and that first joke they can come up with.:/
but back on topic, I can see 40$ pear of jeans, but not 200$ its waste of money,I rather buy suit for that price.

eighty4

Pokemanz master said:
don't worry, I get an real girl dress as an anime character since everyone assume I don't like real girls and that first joke they can come up with.:/
but back on topic, I can see 40$ pear of jeans, but not 200$ its waste of money,I rather buy suit for that price.
I smell a scent on Vandenism.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Lol i have to agree with Ericky, its all about fashion these days but the maximum id pay for jeans is

Ciaran

Value for money.

I spent ~€130 on my shure ear buds 3 years ago. I wear them at least 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and they still sound great.

If I spent similar money on a pair of jeans I'd only be wearing them when going out and I wouldn't be wearing the same jeans every time. So I'd wear them about 2-3 times a month and I doubt they would last out 3 years.

Joey

EriCKY said:

Because "bitches" who only date people who wear $200 jeans aren't worth the shit I scrape off my shoe.

And honestly, spending $200 on headphones is equally retarded. I've never spent more than $20 on a pair of headphones (except for one pair of bluetooth headphones).

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
what makes japanese dry denim different from the jeans you can get for 50-80 @ A&F, Holister etc?

and personally, if the bitch wont date me because of the close I wear, then she is too stuck up for me.

Seth

MD Party Room

Colm

The headphones are all about the quality. They have a long life span, deliver brilliant sound, cancel outside noise etc.
The jeans, for one thing, aren't even as useful as the headphones. Then there's the fact that although you'd often use one pair of headphones, you'd need more than one pair of jeans, which will mean that if you want two pairs of jeans at the same price, $400. Then there's the fact that the jeans, at $200, may have no advantages over jeans at $50 or below, whereas headphones differ in quality and features. If you're going to need to spend $200 on a pair of jeans because "you wanna fuck bitches" then you clearly have nothing other than your looks, I guess. What I'd pay for jeans would be €75 at most. I never buy headphones over €30, but if I had a gun pointed to my head and forced to make a decision on what to spend with $200, it'd be the headphones.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont understand long life span on headphones I spend from 10-100 bucks on headphones and the wire broke down within 3-4 months...Or they blew a speaker...

Slasher

Suck It
I don't have a headset

I win

TacticalPenguin

Because $200 headphones sound a HELL of a lot better than anything much cheaper, and that kind of money on jeans serves no purpose other than looks.

Go ask this question on head-fi.org and link us. Lulz will be had for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.