• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Wii U Controller Battery Life Clocks In Around 3-5 Hours

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wiiuc.jpg

Wondering how much juice you'll be able to squeeze out from a single session of gaming with the Wii U controller? By way of a spec sheet on the official Nintendo Japan site, it's been revealed that the battery life for a single charge clocks in around 3-5 hours. A recharge takes approximately 2.5 hours.

The good news is if you plan on playing for prolonged sessions without any breaks in-between, it's possible to use the controller while it's being charged.

Continue reading...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
seems like a decent battery life, it really depends in my opinion, what type of charging cable do we have to use?, is it something proprietary, or something that i can buy a 10 foot cable for cheap?

hush404

Ouch. I actually disagree on the "decent battery life" comment. It literally means that I'll be charging my controller every play session or two :(

Adiuvo

It's not really surprising, but such a short battery life really inhibits the usability of the console. Plenty of people play for more than 3 hours at a time.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's not really surprising, but such a short battery life really inhibits the usability of the console. Plenty of people play for more than 3 hours at a time.

But that's not healthy! Nintendo is all about health these days

eldiablov

Contributor
It won't really inhibit anything, you'll just play with a wired controller instead of a wireless controller for a bit. What's the problem with that?

Adiuvo

I thought the cable was going to be proprietary, meaning short. Just found out that's a micro-USB so that should be fine.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Don't see an issue with this. I'll just plug it in to charge while I play.

hush404

@eldiablowv - What if you play a decent distance from your TV? You'd need a really long cable :S