• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 xbox 360 composite cable not working.

zero233

i have an xbox 360 and the composite cables (the red, yellow, white) are not working. the cables are brand new and all i get is the sound and no video. the weird thing is that when i use my hd tv cables (blue, green, red, white, yellow) the xbox shows up and sounds fine. if anyone has any idea please reply asap. thank you

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
there should be a switch on the side of the connector that connects to your xbox.
put it in the opposite direction.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
if it's brand new and you still have the receipt, bring it back to get a new one.
If you tried everything you can, there isn't too much for anyone else to do.
If it isn't a problem, just keep it on HD until you find another option.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Make sure it's in the proper location on the back of your TV. It sounds as if there's nothing even in the yellow slot on the TV. I know sometimes modern HDTV's have weird setups and you could've put the red/white in one source input while the yellow in another. But if that's all correct then it looks like it's pointing to a bad cable, although I've never ran into any problems with bad composite cables in the past

zero233

everything is connected properly and i dont thinks its bad cables because they are brand new. i think its having problems showing up in standard definition. dont know why though. even microsoft said they have never heard anything like it before

TeamOverload

If it's brand new than what's the harm in at least trying to exchange it for another set of cables and see if the fault is the cable itself? Might as well at least eliminate that possibility.

I suppose you can try this and see if it makes a difference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911059
If you previously used the console at all with a different type of cable, I suppose it could make a difference. It usually is able to recognize and force itself into the proper graphics setting though.

zero233

i exchanged those cables two days ago and still the same thing. audio, no video. i tried my friends cables from his xbox and still the same exact thing. i also tried that display reset method and still nothing. i dont know anything else but to stick with those hd cables

TeamOverload

Do other devices display fine when plugged into the TV? I would assume that the problem would have to be with the actual port then, either on the TV itself, or the 360.

zero233

yea everything else works. the dvd player, my psp, and my dreamcast lol. its not the tv because i have tried it on about four others