• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Yellow dog Linux

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Hey, everyone.
I've recently instaleed Yellow Dog linux on my PS3.
I've followed this guide. and everything went great.
I only have one problem, I only see black and wait, like when you try to play ntsc games on pal tv
Can anyone help me fixing this?
Thanks

Alex

somes guide say you have to restart the ps3 system by the switch at the back then it should come up with kboot then u press enter on the keyboard.
i havent installed linux yet on my ps yet but i need some questions answered first like dose it run exe's if not how do i run them, do i install mac programs or windows? and finally which linux is best for coding psp eboots, simple black and white ones maybe with a colour or so?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
somes guide say you have to restart the ps3 system by the switch at the back then it should come up with kboot then u press enter on the keyboard.
i havent installed linux yet on my ps yet but i need some questions answered first like dose it run exe's if not how do i run them, do i install mac programs or windows? and finally which linux is best for coding psp eboots, simple black and white ones maybe with a colour or so?

You run neither Mac nor Windows programs. You run LINUX programs compiled for PPC architecture. If you want to use your PS3 to code for the PSP, Ubuntu and Fedora are the two linux distros most PSP devs use (if they're using linux, of course). I have Fedora 9 on my PS3. I use petitboot instead of kboot as the bootloader. It has a nice graphical interface for selecting the drive to boot (or press Delete on the keyboard to go back to PS3 game mode).

If you wish to install a particular distro of linux on the PS3, I recommend going to the forums for that distro for details on using it on a PS3 instead of someplace like this. For example, if you wish to install the latest Fedora on the PS3 (Fedora 10 at this time), you'd go to FedoraForums Mac & PPC forum and check for PS3 threads.

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

The reason to go to the distro's forum is simple - you'll find much more info, like getting BlueTooth going, or recompiling the kernel for best performance.