• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your most anticipated movie(s) of 2009

Chathurga

(Or very late 2008)
There's only one more movie I'm dying to see this year (comes out on the 25th) and that's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" so I'm definitely going to see that.
Trailer:
[YT]7L6K3fkwr-Y[/YT]

For 2009 there's only one film I/anyone should want to see:

watchmenge0.png

[YT]E4blSrZvPhU[/YT]

It's going to be immense.

Joey

I can't think of anything other than Watchmen that's coming out next year... So I guess my answer is watchmen.

Chathurga

Just watching the credits roll on Gran Torino and wow, what a movie. I'm all choked up now, a must see.
Hadn't even heard of it before now, thanks for the recommendation thatoneguy.

Edit: That's what I like to hear Joey.
@spike021: T4? Seriously? I think they raped the series hard enough with 3.

Joey

Just watching the credits roll on Gran Torino and wow, what a movie. I'm all choked up now, a must see.
Hadn't even heard of it before now, thanks for the recommendation thatoneguy.

Edit: That's what I like to hear Joey.
@spike021: T4? Seriously? I think they raped the series hard enough with 3.
With Christian Bale, anything is possible...

If it wasn't for him though, yeah, there'd be no chance... That movie would be guaranteed suckage.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I'm looking forward to T4. Apparently, people didn't like T3 overall but I thought it was good. Other movies include Watchmen, Transformers 2 (not sure if that's 2009), and I'm awaiting the next Resident Evil movie. Resident Evil is my favorite movie series ever. I really liked it, cheesy dialogue and all.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Apparently they've already started plans for a trilogy of Bale fronted Terminator movies based on buzz alone (next one in 2011). I guess we'll see.

There's a few anticipated movies off the top of my head including those mentioned already:

Watchmen
Terminator Salvation
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (fan of the series.. not sure what to expect though)
Sherlock Holmes
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (could be a B-rated gem),
Astro Boy

Seth

MD Party Room
Astro Boy a real blast from the past...

I dont think it going to be good...

Chathurga

With Christian Bale, anything is possible...

If it wasn't for him though, yeah, there'd be no chance... That movie would be guaranteed suckage.

I'd say it's going to be another The Incredible Hulk: Mediocre movie, amazing cult icon lead actor. There's no doubt Bale will be good but he just won't be able to support the whole movie :(

I'd like him to do another psychological movie (with him as the psycho), he can do them so well. The Machinist is one of my favourite movies ever.