• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your online personality vs IRL personality.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
In here, I'm the exact opposite of what I am IRL.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not shy or a geek/nerd. I'm able to to know what people feeling or thinking. I could be friends with anyone I want, I just choose not to. I see no point on doing it, specially when people are so predictable.
Actually, I believe I have more than 2 personalities, but only one of them is the real me, the others are just made up to study people.

I'd say that I'm very different online than in real life.

Online I'm more open about my feelings and thoughts. Like I've become friends with this girl I like but in real life I'm far too nervous to speak to her. She's awesome and we get along well but I just don't want to be a dissapointment.

Although in real life I have 2 personalities anyway, depressed and slightly mad.

WillyVWade

Does anyone else ever look over their shoulders just in case something their online persona did is going to haunt them? I guess it's my RL persona's paranoia.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Does anyone else ever look over their shoulders just in case something their online persona did is going to haunt them? I guess it's my RL persona's paranoia.

I do that every once in a while. Like the time I pissed off Ipaq months ago, I thought he was going to ninja slice me :-| with one of his many swords. :eek:

Crank

Crank it up!
I'm probably the most boring person IRL you can meet. But it's not far off from my online personality either, really. :)

Online I'm pretty much completely different than in real life, I do lots of chit-chat with random people, not caring what kind of image of me they get. I'm not nervous, I'm not an asshole and it's (at least should be) easy to talk with me.

But... Offline you'll be lucky to have me say something. Even luckier to get me to say something in a foreign language. I feel super nervous and would go into extremes just to get the fuck out of the situation. I'll just shut up, because that way I won't end up saying something immensely stupid (or something only I deem stupid). But I'll open up after hanging around enough with me, it's just meeting new people which is unbearable for me. Chatting online beforehand does soften the fall for me, but it'll still get a lot of work to get used to meeting people.

So yeah, I'm completely split between online and offline. Anonymity is a bliss, isn't it? ;-)

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
The exact same, im just as much a dick to people i like online and people i dislike as i am in the real world. Thats why I have so many friends whod give their life for me.

...thats a lie i only keep enemies that way i dont have to bet on people who i think I can trust. If you know you cant trust anyone then you are safe... from AIDS and things

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
There are people who pretend to be someone else online and I don't blame them for that. Cyberspace is a place where they can recreate themselves and be who they wanna be, which I think hones creativity in one sense or another.

For me though, the internet is more of a liberating experience. I can be myself more than anywhere else. I'm not saying I'm "plastic" in real life, but there are just some things I can't express, not even to the people closest to me. Here, I can tell all my guilty pleasures, confessions, insecurities, and all that. I hate how society dictates girls should be in love with Orlando Bloom. What can I do, Jin Kazama is my husband? :laugh:

To make the long story short, I'm not as expressive IRL. People confide to me, but when it comes to myself, I barely talk about anything. So writing in the internet is a good outlet, I'm not a blogger, but I like writing in forums most of the time because here, you can see what other people think.

Nick

its the same with me...im kinda stupid :/
im like kelso (from that's 70's show) in real life...
but girls like that-for some reason :)

Davee

lolhax
Hmm, I'm pretty much the same IRL. Except from the fact the majority (if not nearly all excluding 3 or 4) don't know I'm a decent programmer of any sorts. Besides that IRL I do sport, chill and do homework... like every other normal teenager.

Riorio99

I'm far more lexical and eloquent online than in real life, and am a tad more confident when making statements, but other than those minor things, I'm pretty much the same person.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Why do I feel like this thread is a dinosaur? D:

Anyways, I'm a little less outgoing than online. I'm usually a lot more.. What's the word..?...Nvm, anyways. I surprisingly do go out places, unlike what you guys would probably think, lol. Uhmm.. Honestly, my IRL and online personalities.. Not good at describing either of them

football

im around more in real life :p.
I\m more likely to argue with someone in real life, I dont see the point of arguing on the web, even if I'm sure that I'm right/

HilaryDuffGta

I think i'm pretty much the same but online i can talk to girls easily but IRL god i couldnt even do anything like that....

so i guess its maybe 60/40 for me

Nick

my online is extremely different than my real personality. and my real personality is extremely different when im around girls. lol!

explosions

My online personality is much more dynamic than my irl personality. I think using a computer makes me bipolar. lol. I don't really learn anything irl, though. My interests exist on the internet.