• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.10 OE-A or DevHook v.51

Pookie

Hey guys.

I have a ta-086 I think, and I just recently downgraded it to 1.5 (via the v3.03 downgrader) and now using DevHook v.44. I'm wondering what are my options at the momoent. I wish to have the latest functions yet still be able to play .iso and .cso. I really don't understand the differenct with 3.1 OE and the latest DevHook despite TRYING to read up on it. I just don't get all the terms they use. :p

When I downgraded, DevHook could only emulate 2.71 so I was unable to play GTA:VCS. >< Any of your thoughts will help! Thanks in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well to make your decision easier, 3.10 OE has the PS1 emulator which does not work in Devhook. Plus you can run all your iso files straight from the xmb without booting anything else up.

Pookie

Haha. I would enjoy PS1 emulation too. But isn't there a rumour going around that upgrading to 3.10 with a ta-086 will brick ur PSP, or at least have a much higher chance of bricking?

JKing

Banned
Haha. I would enjoy PS1 emulation too. But isn't there a rumour going around that upgrading to 3.10 with a ta-086 will brick ur PSP, or at least have a much higher chance of bricking?

Havent heard of that...But all I no is that I updated all 3 of my psp's....no problems.

Pookie

Did you update from 1.5? And what motherboards did ur PSP's have? Sorry, just very cautious when it comes to my PSP :p

Di Vaio

.iso .cso

I havent upgraded to 3.10OE-A yet, still running 3.03OE-C but anyway, is there a way to run .cso files in the Dark Alex Firmwares? i've noticed those are compressed up to half the size of .iso files, which means if i used .cso files i'd fit twice as much on my 4GB card

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
Did you update from 1.5? And what motherboards did ur PSP's have? Sorry, just very cautious when it comes to my PSP :p

Don't Panic Pookie. Thousands of people have upgraded to 3.10 OE and 99% of them have been successful.

Just make sure to read the "readme.txt" before you start the installation and make sure you read everything twice.

i have upgraded many, many times and have never had a problem at all.

3.10 is the way to go.

Pookie

knicky, haha thanks. I asked what version your motherboards were, because I'm almost maybe pretty sure that it's probably ta-086, and I read that there's a rumour going around that upgrading those PSPs to 3.10 OE-A can cause brick-age. >_>

JKing

Banned
knicky, haha thanks. I asked what version your motherboards were, because I'm almost maybe pretty sure that it's probably ta-086, and I read that there's a rumour going around that upgrading those PSPs to 3.10 OE-A can cause brick-age. >_>

True story.

Pookie

So, is it a GREATER chance of bricking your PSP with a ta-086 motherboard? Or the same chance as any other motherboard?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So, is it a GREATER chance of bricking your PSP with a ta-086 motherboard? Or the same chance as any other motherboard?

there is not. you can upgrade to 3.10 OE fine with a TA-086

eldeecee

well to make your decision easier, 3.10 OE has the PS1 emulator which does not work in Devhook. Plus you can run all your iso files straight from the xmb without booting anything else up.

I was wondering how do you boot from the ISO folder? Would I need Daxziso to do it or something else? I did re-format my memory stick and noticed the added directories in it.. but I am not sure where I would drop the emulators into.

I did noticed that GAME, GAME150, GAME310 is in the PSP directory now.. any ideas what to do next? I feel like I am close but no cigar yet!

TY!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was wondering how do you boot from the ISO folder? Would I need Daxziso to do it or something else? I did re-format my memory stick and noticed the added directories in it.. but I am not sure where I would drop the emulators into.

I did noticed that GAME, GAME150, GAME310 is in the PSP directory now.. any ideas what to do next? I feel like I am close but no cigar yet!

TY!

well the games found in the iso folder will appear on your memory stick via the GAME menu.

emulators would go in GAME or GAME150

eldeecee

well the games found in the iso folder will appear on your memory stick via the GAME menu.

emulators would go in GAME or GAME150

I have ISO folder in the root directory and a psp.iso game in it.. nothing shows up in the GAME menu.

Now will I need a launcher to run PSP isos or should it do it on it's own?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have ISO folder in the root directory and a psp.iso game in it.. nothing shows up in the GAME menu.

Now will I need a launcher to run PSP isos or should it do it on it's own?

Thanks

hum, no it should show up on its own since you are running 3.10 OE

no idea why its not showing up, try a different iso