• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.40 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, or any of the OE series firmware to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.40 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.40 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.40 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 340.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Please note: If you get an error message that says "Invalid SHA-1" when creating the DXAR do not proceed further. This means you have a faulty memory stick and a corrupt DATA.DXAR was created. Start over using a different memory stick.

4. Copy 340oeflasher and 340oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 340oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.40 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.40 OE-A :)

Di Vaio

This Forum rocks

these instructions are awesome!
i can now play Vagrant Story on my PSP. probably the best game i've played onthe damn thing. i don't understand why Sony hasn't done this yet, if they were smart they'd take all the PSX games and put them on compilation UMD's. but unfortunately that probably won't happen.

Thank you

Di Vaio

JKing

Banned
I have 3.30 oe A and when i try this.....i click on PSP...and my game is game not game150.....is there another way for this??? or do i need to downgrade my psp again???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have 3.30 oe A and when i try this.....i click on PSP...and my game is game not game150.....is there another way for this??? or do i need to downgrade my psp again???

Its the folder path, if you don't have it just make a GAME150 folder.

Di Vaio

runnign games

k.. i can get Vagrant Story and Resident Evil 3 for PSX to work but how do i get Actual downloaded PSP games that are supposed to work for this firmware to actually work?

Thanks x3sphere for all your help!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
k.. i can get Vagrant Story and Resident Evil 3 for PSX to work but how do i get Actual downloaded PSP games that are supposed to work for this firmware to actually work?

Thanks x3sphere for all your help!

they go in the X:/ISO folder, then you can select them from game menu

Di Vaio

Burnout Legends

Thanks again man, my memory stick didn't have that directory but it does now and everything is running perfectly.

Thank you man, you are freaking awesome!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks again man, my memory stick didn't have that directory but it does now and everything is running perfectly.

Thank you man, you are freaking awesome!

hehe no problem :)

XsavioR

in the far left menu ... under system , goto "format memory stick"

you will notice dax wrote it in that now the necesary folders are generated.

any one installed it yet?

JKing

Banned
when I tried to update to 3.10 oe, It says cannot open file 303.PBP even knowing that I put that file on my psp, in the correct location, is anyone else having this same problem?
Also I am running in 3.03 oe C.
thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
when I tried to update to 3.10 oe, It says cannot open file 303.PBP even knowing that I put that file on my psp, in the correct location, is anyone else having this same problem?
Also I am running in 3.03 oe C.
thanks

read the instructions, obviously you need to use 310.PBP ! xD

zoltrix

Hmm.. it seems that hacked topmenu_plugin.rco's dont work...

Any way to fix this?

And does anyone know what the reboot310.def is?

JKing

Banned
What's up with people saying that you can change the speed of your psp on 3.10.... is this true??? and if so, someone plzz tell me how lol thanx....!!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Any way to fix this?

currently no you can't use custom topmenu in 3.10 because of some changes Sony made, but I know people who are working on it. Fix shouldn't be too far off..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes, feel free to delete the reboot310.def, its just a debug file not used after install is complete.