• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
3.52 EBOOT is only 1,080,842 bytes and i got it from the first page of the thread

Then that is indeed the problem; Try to redownload the 3.52 update, it should be the aforementioned by x3's size.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

moose187

i got this after i used the downgrader for 3.50 and they i have the w33-1 now and i m having trouble tryin to get 3.52 w33-3 is keeps comin up with errors... help the noob!

trashcan

Hi, I don't quite understand the tutorial as most of it is aimed at 1.5 to 3.5.2 m33.

I just bought my psp with version m33 3.5.2 I want to upgrade it to m33 3.5.2-4 but I am not sure how. The 3.5.2-4 zip file from m33 does not contain any instructions and should I upgrade from 3.5.2 to 3.5.2-2 to 3.5.2-3 to 3.5.2-4 or can I upgrade straight from m33 3.5.2 to 3.5.2-4 m33.

Detailed instruction from 3.5.2 to 3.5.2-4 would be nice.

trashcan

thanks trying it now and may I ask about what does the pops loader plugin do out of curosity? Do I need to put pops loader somewhere or can just ignore it?

Anyway followed the instructions, it ask me to press x to update, i press x, it say updated then the screen go black. power is orange light. Should I switch off and on again? or should I wait? It been a while and it didn't auto switch off itself (the orange light is still there). Sorry but this is my first time doing it so I'm kind of afraid.

Edit: it is 3.5.2 m33-4 now thanks! the orange light only means that it is charging lol.

1 more thing I hear my friends saying about C1003 at the back what that? mine have it.

Acerthief

well for different firmwares (not whether custom or official, but like if it's3.03, 3.10, or 3.40) Sony changed the format on the saving files and and codes, which will make newer save data not compatible with the older firmware. with this you can change to the format of your saved data to any format (eg format for 3.03, format for 3.10, like that) you pleasure.

There's no need for this if you're not playing any PSX and or playing them on older firmwares.

trashcan

There's no need for this if you're not playing any PSX and or playing them on older firmwares.

so if I play want to play some old original psx games in my current 3.5.2-4, I need it? (the pops loader?) thanks

Acerthief

if you are going to play your game & save with the same memory on any firmware before 3.40, then you'll need it. the thing is it won't convert back to the format for firmwares before 3.40, it will ask at the start of the game the first time you play it which kind of format do you want and it will be saved as the format you've chosen.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so if I play want to play some old original psx games in my current 3.5.2-4, I need it? (the pops loader?) thanks

nope, some games do not work with the 3.52 pops (already built-in to the flash), so you can use popsloader to load older pops versions and try the game on them.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
currently using 3.40oe-a. may i ask is this update to 3.52 M33-4?

no, this guide is for installing 3.52 M33. You'll have to do this first then run the 3.52 M33-4 update.

xingkia

ok thx! Some other qns.
1. i can just ignore the 3.52 M33-2 and 3.52 M33-3 rite?
2. the 3.52 M33-4 update i just run it thru the memory stick in the psp rite?
3. May i know wat folder in the memory stick do i put the update file in?

many thx first. :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok thx! Some other qns.
1. i can just ignore the 3.52 M33-2 and 3.52 M33-3 rite?
2. the 3.52 M33-4 update i just run it thru the memory stick in the psp rite?
3. May i know wat folder in the memory stick do i put the update file in?

many thx first. :)

Yeah you can ignore the M33-2 and M33-3 updates.

All you do is download the update, extract it, and copy the "PSP" folder to your memory stick drive. Then run the update through the Game menu on the PSP.