• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3ds max help...

Sullivan

oK, i am in desperate help, not with the program obtainability, but on a project.

If someone can lend a hand, please pm me or post.

edit:

Ok, well I have been sort of sick, and missed a lot of class lately for my 3ds max class.

Its a high school course to start, but its a 2 credit class, so I cannot mess up and I really need some help.

I have spent like 3 weeks trying to figure out what I am going to do, and finally got it all done in about 8 hours of work total, after many things.

I am wondering if there are any people here that are experienced with max and could help me animate this, as I am really stuck, far to complicated for me.

As is is now, I have a dirt bike, that I need to go around a track, but the problem is, I am having issues, deciding on how to get it to go.

I have thought about path constraint but, not sure about it.

Any help? Theres got to be someone on here with some good experience and could help me out a little in the process, im better at modeling then actual animation.

Right now, I have spent several hours on detail, and don't have time to model any more, its far past time, and I need to animate, so there is no engine on the bike, lol. :D

Heres how it looks now, with no animation done atm

render.png

Hellcat

Contributor
Keyframe Animation comes into mind :)

Set keyframes along the timeline for every point in time where something for the bike changes (direction, speed, alignment, whatever).

max will do the in-between frames by itself, you only need to specify a frame range to render (and set output to a video format) in the rendering dialog.

IIRC there's also a tut on keyframe anim shipped with max.

Sullivan

Ya, I understand that and know, but I am in like... more advanced lol.

I just need some help now, with mix the animation I have now, basically it follows a path, that I have give it, and I have edited all the turns it makes. But I need to some how make the bike actually go on the jumps and bumps, and my ideas are trying to get the reactor to work with the path that I have done.

Do you know 3ds max?

Ill put a rendered video up of what it looks like currently.

Hellcat

Contributor
I don't know 3dmax that well, just messed around with it a bit some time ago....

I wish we would learn such stuff in public....

Cryox

Bro.
I don't know 3dmax that well, just messed around with it a bit some time ago....

I wish we would learn such stuff in public....

If you mean get the app, I am sure there are ways to get it.

But that looks interesting. I might look into taking a similar class next year.

Sullivan

If they offer it at your High school, I suggest taking it.

Strif3

I tihnk he means as in having open courses like that where he lives?

If so i agree to, my school doesnt provide anything besides math science english etc..

I had to play around with max myself jus to figure out stuff.

Sullivan

I am rendering a preview for you guys, nothing special, but I need to work on it a lot.

ETA: 1 Hour.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
you are adding a texture to the dirt right ? it looks way too plain by itself

I would help but I don't use maya, 3ds max, etc.

blender is the best imo

Sullivan

Is blender free? Anyways, atm, no, no material will be added right now, I don't have time to work on that, trying to finalize the animation, but I am not doing too well. And have a 65 in the course, its a AP 2 credit class too.

Greyone

Is blender free? Anyways, atm, no, no material will be added right now, I don't have time to work on that, trying to finalize the animation, but I am not doing too well. And have a 65 in the course, its a AP 2 credit class too.

yeah blender is free, and adding a texture takes like 2 seconds

Sullivan

yeah blender is free, and adding a texture takes like 2 seconds

Ya, I know it will only take me a few to add textures, but to perfect it, its going to take far more then just 2 seconds.

Greyone

Ya, I know it will only take me a few to add textures, but to perfect it, its going to take far more then just 2 seconds.

What do you mean by perfect it ? It's just dirt, doesn't have to be fancy, you could even use a picture of dirt and make it repeat a ton of times.