• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.02 GEN-A Easy Installation Guide

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Note:
You must have version 3.52 M33-3 or higher to perform this update.

Installing 5.02 GEN-A

First download the cfw files from here:
http://www.pspgen.com/divers/telecharger-184731.html

1. Copy the UPDATE folder into X:/PSP/GAME
3. Execute the update from the XMB menu.
4. Choose to install the FULL version, not the LITE version. That means you gotta press O, and then you will get a message, and confirm it by pressing X.
4. The update should start now, it looks just like the original Sony update, but it's cfw.
5. After the update finishes, press X and reboot.
6. That's it! you've now got version 5.02 GEN-A

angelsniper45

you should note that L + /_\ bypasses the battery charge requirement.

Other than that its a smooth guide.Im glad to see GEN back in the CFW scene.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
you should note that *** bypasses the battery charge requirement.

Other than that its a smooth guide.Im glad to see GEN back in the CFW scene.

Actually I always rather not say that, because some people get a brick because they forgot they had a low battery, and then they come blame me, already happend.

Seye

Sounds good I will try it now but what about CXMB for 5.02Gen? Or will my 5.0m33 theme work for 5.02Gen

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
There is a new CXMB version for 5.02 GEN, and also a CTF converter that updates your 5.00 themes to work on 5.02

aet92

The New one
Difrrences?

Did anybody body knows whats better? this or the m33 series
i want to know the pros and counterbenefits

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
This version is based on the latest M33 version (5.00 M33-4), if you don't know if you need this version, I suggest don't install it, but 5.00 M33-4 instead.

angelsniper45

its to bad about the whole thing about miriam, because this seems like it has potential, but to bad it was just a hex edited version.