• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

500 character limit for sigs

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
This seems to be too little for me, I can't write out my PC spec and make it look all nice and organized/color coated as you can see below now in my sig.

Is there any possibility at all at it being changed to a slightly higher number?:confused1:

17346476.jpg

ilyace

I fit mine in there, you don't exactly need to let the world know what clocks your gpu is running at, your ram's timings, your hdd's rpm and cache info, or your monitor's resolution...OR the fact that you have 2 120 mm fans on your cpu cooler.

and I have a gamercard in there :troll:

Trigun

Those of us who care at what speeds our components are running so when we post about performance numbers and other uses people know what resolution/settings things are set at do.

ilyace

Those of us who care at what speeds our components are running so when we post about performance numbers and other uses people know what resolution/settings things are set at do.

How about you include that type of information in your fucking post when asking a question. Don't clog up everybody else's browser for just your bullshit.

Roe

You could compile all the stats into an image. That way you can format it however you want.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Raising the limit might be a little excessive, try trimming down your sig. I'd remove stuff like RPM info and the QPI link speed.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It borked the forum view

b405c3b5.jpg

Also, I have been on overclock.net and honestly I hated it. I've never seen the community be anything but condescending and unwelcoming but that was a while back so who knows, maybe it's different now

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The image is too wide for people using the fixed width skin, you need to split it up vertically or use a smaller font to reduce the size.

Trigun

Some forums let you turn them off so if you don't like them you dont' have to look at them.

I can't tell how many times i've actually found Useful information in sigs. Or links to very useful information.

But that's just me.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
just one suggestion, make the white transparent on the image, so it'll blend in with the forum skin, i'm using the m4m, and it stands out like a sore thumb

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Wow :p
Yeah I don't think you necessarily need all that information... I didn't even have mine in my signature despite having a fairly beast PC now, and just stole x3s way of doing it :D

Also, I have very similar HDDs to you... I have a Samsubg HD103UJ and a WD2500KS

Trigun

just one suggestion, make the white transparent on the image, so it'll blend in with the forum skin, i'm using the m4m, and it stands out like a sore thumb

I'm using that as well. The contrast is nice imo.

Plus , I can't really change the white to black because it's just a screenshot of my sig from a different forum chopped up in photoshop to fit a smaller length wise image here.