• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

A little GripShift hack

Crank

Crank it up!
EDIT: Meh, I know this is in the wrong section. Sleeping for two hours makes you fail at stuff.

This is a little hack for GripShift I wrote quite a few months ago.

The game uses direct LBA addressing of files to cut down loading times (and it does cut them a LOT). There's a lookup table for all file entries on the disc which the game then uses to look for the proper LBA value, but that prevents messing around with the game data, because many ISO editing programs really like to mess with LBA values when replacing files.

This plugin just patches the game to ignore the lookup table and just use proper file paths to do it. It also redirects data file access from the UMD to host0:/ (hack the source if you want another path). Just dump the data/ folder from the UMD and put it somewhere and make sure it's in usbhostfs_pc's cwd (unless you changed the path, of course).

Full source code is included and licensed under the WTFPL.

NOTE: This *only* works with the EU version. I don't have the US version of the game nor time or interest to make the necessary patches for the US version.

ANOTHER NOTE: This probably isn't of any interest to end-users, just to people who want to poke around the game data freely.

I wrote this plugin out of boredom and curiosity and wasted a lot of time reading the GripShift disassembly. I have nothing to do with this so I'm releasing it in hopes of it being useful to someone. No warranty implied, etc.

Use it like any other plugin. (Or ldstart it from psplink and then ldstart the decrypted GripShift EBOOT.BIN)

HacKmaN

#include
Nice, great work :)

main.c said:
// DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
// TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
//
// 0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

LOL :D