• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

About PSP Charger

jasonkhoo87

I don't know where else should I post this, I search the entire forum there no section for psp hardware.. So, I just want to get other opinion.

What my real problem is about the PSP Charger.. The 1st charger I have is original from PSP, I less frequently use the PSP Charger. Normally I'm using USB to charge my PSP. One day, I try to charge using the AC adapter but there no light out, I check it and comfirm that my AC adaptor broke..

2nd, I buy one AC adapter.. Also less frequently use, when I try to use the AC adapter again, there no light out.. meaning no charging at all.. Is there any problem with my PSP or the PSP charger is not good enough??

Can I repair the AC Adaptor my own?? I mean by having the circuit diagram.
Thanks a lot.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
well if your've gone through 2 ac adapter's, it's more likly an issue on the psp side, then the ac adapter, however since it does charge through the usb, is it a 2000/3000 psp, or the go?

jasonkhoo87

it is a psp 2000.

normally im using usb to charge it while playing.

but, sometime i will use ac adapter.. will the ac adapter broke if i keep using the ac adapter (maybe for 1night keep plug in to psp) for power eventhough the battery already in full charging?

Is there any part from psp that will damaged the charger??

rileysnotz

its more likely a problem with your psp than the charger like slicer4ever said. I would get the psp checked but first try the charger with some other psp and see if it works there.

jasonkhoo87

its more likely a problem with your psp than the charger like slicer4ever said. I would get the psp checked but first try the charger with some other psp and see if it works there.

I'm not sure, but, I need to sent the psp to sony if need to check the psp, just now I tried with my friend PSP, my AC adapter really damaged. I open the AC adapter charger case and look inside it. For now what I saw is one of the resistor worn out. Its Brown, Red, Gold, Gold. Only 1.2Ohm, I'm not sure yet it the problem or not. Later on I try to solder out the resistor and try it out..

just wondering ... how do u do that?? is there a plugin for this??

For this, I'm currently using Gen-C, I can set it up to charge while the USB is plugin. I also use the VSH menu.. But, the theory is the same right.

jasonkhoo87

both ac adapters are damaged?, it is quite a stretch, but none the less is a possibility

yes, both. the 1st one is original. I didn't open the case then i sent to sony centre. This is the 2nd ac adapter, since it didn't come with warranty, i try to open the case. look whether can be fix or not..

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Nah man its not the AC adapter, i had the same problem. The thing is, the usb charger is not an official make from sony so the charge port on the psp gets messed up, this results in the AC adapter not working and only the usb one working probably because of the port size or something on it.

jasonkhoo87

Yes, my ac adapter not a offiicial an d also the port is really same as the original one. but. the 1st time i buy it work.. since now it stop working, i tried with other psp it also not working. My psp can be charge using other ac adapter.

jasonkhoo87

oic, i will never do this next time.. :)

what i know is the resistor really damaged. i will change it later and try the charger with new resistor. i hope it will work..

Moose

Meta Moose
I think It's your fault. Stop playing while charging or else it can damage the unit..

Don't charge the unit while using it? That seems a little silly. I used to play on my PSP when it was charging all the time and no damage was ever done.

jasonkhoo87

I already change the resistor, but not 1.2ohm. I cant find it. I try the 1.0ohm and 1.5ohm. the voltage output is 5.61V. is it save to use with the voltage exceed 5V?

Im not sure how many volt output from this charger before, as i assume now it output is 5V only.

romantic24

no, i can charge mine and play all the time, it's stupid to think u can't do both...

I'm sorry, I'm sorry man. I was just trying to help at least. Maybe, try to put Ur psp inside of your sister's vagina or of your mothers asshole while playing. It's fun, isn't it? Coz I think, you can do that both.