• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Afterlife Theories?

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
What kind of theories have you guys heard of/support/believe in?

Religion has a lot to say about this but I'm not limiting it to that. Obviously no one knows for sure so there is no right or wrong answer. I'm just curious as to what everyone believes.

As for me, I'm unsure which is why I posted this thread. So.. what do you guys believe? (examples: reincarnation, nothingness, heaven/hell)

Noriyuke

I like the whole 'Nothing happens theory'

My second favorite is, reincarnation, because its funny how people like to specify that one, like your current life actions will decide what your next life will be like. If your an asshole in this life, you might be someones ass in the next. lol.

Joey

I like the whole 'Nothing happens theory'

My second favorite is, reincarnation, because its funny how people like to specify that one, like your current life actions will decide what your next life will be like. If your an asshole in this life, you might be someones ass in the next. lol.

Wouldn't it make much more sense if they came back as an anal sphincter? An "ass" just isn't close enough.

Adiuvo

I believe in the biblical approach.

If that isn't true, then I believe that the nothing idea would be right.

eldiablov

Contributor
I believe in the biblical approach.

If that isn't true, then I believe that the nothing idea would be right.

Although im not religious, this.

However much I find the thought of nothingness discomforting I wont even realise its happened anyway :/

Seth

MD Party Room
I always found it kinda wired people try and live a good life and have nothing to look forward to in the end...So no matter what they did in this life it doesnt really matter in the end.

I am Catholic. So I believe in Heaven Hell and Purgatory

Blackout

1. Heaven/hell
2. Reincarnation
3. Nothing happens. Just die.
3. Reincarnation (Only you just re-live the second you die, a different person, doesn't matter what you did in the past life.)

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
In my opinion, the idea of Reincarnation is pointless. I consider it just a false hope theory because even if we did come back, we would not have any knowledge of our previous life so what is the point?

I think I'm going to go with the Nothingness idea as well. It's a little depressing but we won't be able to experience anything anyways.

Slasher

Suck It
I'm not really sure whether the heaven/hell concept fits into what I believe. I believe there's something after death, but not sure whether there's necessarily a heaven & hell. I guess I'm a little bit undecided. Hopefully I won't have to find out any time soon.

Pspunk

Star power and butt plugs
I don't believe in heaven or hell, I believe its just nothingness after we die. An afterlife/reincarnation of yourself is just an idea thought up of by your brain, which wont function anymore once your dead, anything beyond that is mere faith I suppose =\

Mister Chief

The perception of nothingness implies a form of consciousness.

I believe once you are dead you are completely and utterly dead.

Robby

Los Doyers!
You just fade away and die.

Joey

The perception of nothingness implies a form of consciousness.

I believe once you are dead you are completely and utterly dead.

This...

I don't understand the idea of hopelessness coming with the thought that there is no afterlife. It's not like it's an eternity of sleeping, and just never waking up... You're just gone.

To me, not believeing there's an afterlife just makes actual life that much more meaningful. Live it up, because it's the only time you get.

Which is a great reason to help others. Try and leave this place better for those you leave the earth to...

Sorry, I just don't buy into the fact that you have to be religious, or believe in an afterlife to be a good person... In fact, if you're only good, just because you believe it affords you a better chance to get into "heaven", then I'd say you're not actually a good person. You're just a selfish oppurtunist.

Be good for goodness sake, fuckholes...

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I myself am not religious, but I believe the nothing happens theory, and after that I would say reincarnation, I just find it fair to come back as something else based on what you have done in a life before.

eldiablov

Contributor
Which raises an interesting point because most cant remember being born in the first place (although people claim to) so that statement is the same as the thread starters question.