• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

answer quick please ps3 probs

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Ok I must be the only one out there whos gets faulty fucking ps3s I was playing lair for an hour or so and then it justs shuts off. When I try to restart it it wont turn on so I'm guessing it's something electrical like wtf cmon. Anyone know whats wrong please answer quick.

Darkchild

The Doctor
well...if it doesn't work check if it's fans can cool it down, or put it somewhere cool.

if it didn't short circuit, then... I *THINK* no harm was done :X

the dreamcast had cooling problems too soo.... (I put a PC fan in mine! =D [yeah.. I'm a DC modder :p] )

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you try plugging it into a different outlet?

If that doesn't work I'm guessing it is dead :|

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Yea I phoned tech support I have to get sent a new one :( I think I'm gonna have to get that Esata extender thing so I can get another hardrive then I can Just unplug and plug so I dont lose my data every time this piece of junk breaks dont get me wrong I love it but It's starting to annoy me.

J

Junit

wow , just wow .. that sounds horrible .. my xbox usually never breaks that bad

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I'm begining to think so just dropped 140$ on a 3 year warranty yea supposedly the back part where the power plugs into the ps3 is very fragile which is funny to me why it broke all of the sudden mid game but whatever got a new one today yet to set it up focusing more on my xbox and other things.