• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Apple Arcade

Windhauch

Hi.

I would appreciate if you could add "Apple Arcade" as supported system,
so we can add those game manually until there is a working achievement system (never give up hope...) :cool:

Thank you very much,
Sebastian (Germany)

Windhauch

I thought about the classification of Apple Arcade-games again. On the one hand they are mobile exclusive on Apple devices. But now that the service is on Apple TV and will follow on Mac, it's questionable, which category could be the best. I like the idea of logging play times here - even though it is manually like PS4. Or should I kindly ask for every single game to be added, when I start it. It's okay but seems to be more complicated. For information about all the Apple Arcade-games you could easily use the english wikipedia.

Thank you for your effort,
Sebastian

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Will see if we can track the Apple Arcade games first. I will look into it once the macOS Catalina update releases.

Windhauch

Hi x3sphere,

did you have the chance to check on AppleArcade, which is now available on iPhone/ipad/Apple TV and Mac ? If not, I'll be fine with it, of course...

Sadly, I think it will be almost impossible to automatic track any playtime or even game center-information, but perhaps it's possible to add the games manually like for all the other "retro" platforms. I think, that playing on apple tv will trigger some gaming fans... and as a statistic fan I like to track game time... :cool:

As always: Thank you very much for this great achievement hunter-service.

Sebastian

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi x3sphere,

did you have the chance to check on AppleArcade, which is now available on iPhone/ipad/Apple TV and Mac ? If not, I'll be fine with it, of course...

Sadly, I think it will be almost impossible to automatic track any playtime or even game center-information, but perhaps it's possible to add the games manually like for all the other "retro" platforms. I think, that playing on apple tv will trigger some gaming fans... and as a statistic fan I like to track game time... :cool:

As always: Thank you very much for this great achievement hunter-service.

Sebastian

Yeah I have looked into it now. As far tracking is concerned, I don't see a way of viewing others' achievements and there are no public profile pages. Unless I have missed something, it doesn't seem to be possible. With this Arcade service I was hoping they'd come out with something similar to the Xbox app - but it seems like you can only access the GameCenter features from within the games themselves and you're mostly locked to only viewing information on your own account or friends.

It might be possible to pull the game lists from the App Store though... I'll see. For adding games manually that database is mostly populated from GiantBomb and it doesn't seem like they've added an Apple Arcade category yet. So would either need to import them from the App Store or have users help fill in the database.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thank you for answering... I would help with filling in the database... What do you need?

I will see if I can pull information from the App Store first, only have taken a quick look so far but it might not be that difficult.

DonDonDon

I know it's been 3 years since the last reply on this thread. Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I would just reply. Any news? Have they changed the publicity of profiles, perhaps? Would love to track my Apple Achievements. Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I know it's been 3 years since the last reply on this thread. Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I would just reply. Any news? Have they changed the publicity of profiles, perhaps? Would love to track my Apple Achievements. Thanks!
At this time nothing has changed unfortunately. Since earlier this year I have been in contact with someone that works at Apple however and they'd like to make the data available to us. I wouldn't expect any immediate changes - there are likely a lot of hoops to jump through - but is encouraging that someone is looking at it.

DonDonDon

At this time nothing has changed unfortunately. Since earlier this year I have been in contact with someone that works at Apple however and they'd like to make the data available to us. I wouldn't expect any immediate changes - there are likely a lot of hoops to jump through - but is encouraging that someone is looking at it.
I just realised that iPhone 15 is coming out next week and this device is as powerful as PS5 / Xbox Series. It can run RE Village and RE 4 Remakes natively, and also AC Mirage is coming to iPhones 15 Pro / Pro Max. So it makes sense that someone was looking into it.

My hope is that iPhone 15 and iOS 17 will come with reworked Game Center where all AAA games will be forced to add achievements if other platforms have them.

I know it's a slim chance but one can hope right?