• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ASUS Eee PC 1005HA is it any good?

madsoul

My usual comp is broken and i want to get something small for browsing and writing etc. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Eee machines? And this model in particular. Got a good price on it and i really need a comp fast. Would i notice much diference if i up it from 1gb to 2gb?

Some specs:

Intel Atom N270-processor
1024 MB DDR2-memory
250 GB hard drive

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
My usual comp is broken and i want to get something small for browsing and writing etc. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Eee machines? And this model in particular. Got a good price on it and i really need a comp fast. Would i notice much diference if i up it from 1gb to 2gb?

Some specs:

Intel Atom N270-processor
1024 MB DDR2-memory
250 GB hard drive

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Asus makes some of the best netbooks out there.

Those specs are a little bit old, IMO.

The newer generation netbooks that just came out this year feature 11.6 inch screens with a 1.4 GHz Core 2 Solo, which is a better processor than the Atom N270. They also come with 2 GB RAM stock along with a 250 GB HDD. Battery life will take a hit though since it's a more power hungry machine. All this costs you around $400, which is what I spent on my Toshiba netbook + 2 GB RAM.

LocutusEstBorg

I have one. The CPU is sooooooo slow its annoying. Everything takes AGES to open. It hangs when opening a new tab in Firefox. That slow.

madsoul

zRrDFhaHv.jpg

Allright, bought it! Love it so far. But... man... Windows 7 Starters.... What a fucking bag of shit!!! D: Cheap microsoft wont even let me change the freaking wallpaper! Christ..

So do anyone know if its easy to install the usual Windows 7 (which i have) with a usb-stick?

eldiablov

Contributor
I have one. The CPU is sooooooo slow its annoying. Everything takes AGES to open. It hangs when opening a new tab in Firefox. That slow.

Not sure what the hell you're talking about but it's complete bullshit either way.

eldiablov

Contributor
It's hard to understand because I'm typing on a netbook with them specs and it never hangs at something so trivial as opening a firefox tab.

LocutusEstBorg

I haven't bothered decrapifying it since its primarily my dad's. Its the stock preinstallation. Might be the Asus crapware causing it to freeze.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[qimg]http://pici.se/pictures/large/zRrDFhaHv.jpg[/qimg]

Allright, bought it! Love it so far. But... man... Windows 7 Starters.... What a fucking bag of shit!!! D: Cheap microsoft wont even let me change the freaking wallpaper! Christ..

So do anyone know if its easy to install the usual Windows 7 (which i have) with a usb-stick?

It's really easy to install Win7 via USB.
I used Method 6 on this site
http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

Just a couple of cli commands and BOOM, done :D