• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ATTENTION Team Fortress2 IDLERS

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Those who use Drunken f00l idle program *same as in game idle* accounts have been flag.Just right when i used it, figure it was safe.
*after valve never said anything."

"Over the next few days we'll be removing all TF2 items that were earned using external idling applications. We're going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items. If you're interested, only about 4.5% of the players in TF2's community will be affected by this cleansing process.

Meanwhile, everyone who took the moral high road will soon be finding a new hat in their inventory. We've also significantly increased the chance of finding any of the existing hats.

We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications."~source Team Fortress 2
Image Below got this in game just now~

idle.png

Adiuvo

You play TF2? Hop on IRC more and join some matches. We play often.

I lost five items due to this, but otherwise nothing else happened.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
You play TF2? Hop on IRC more and join some matches. We play often.

I lost five items due to this, but otherwise nothing else happened.

Im not sure how use IRC do I need program or something?

Also~People who didn't idle get a hat "halo" hat of some short.Congrats those who didn't idle.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Just a pix of the halo, if your yet to encounter it.
medic.png

halo1.png

Proxin

Lol. I lost 130+ items and one hat (demoman's tophat).
I had just left the idler running for hours on end while I did other stuff.
x]

I hear some people are modding the resources on their servers so that if someone has a halo, it changes to a sign that says "FAG" right above their head wherever they go. And some people are starting a movement where, if they're medics, they -won't- heal anyone with a halo on.
I think it's fair that Valve did this, but they should have warned first imo. And it's making Valve a bunch of hypocrites because they themselves use modded weapons all the time.
(Vid about it here: YouTube - Team Fortress 2 - Valve Developer Weapons)
And it won't solve the problem anyway. Now people will just move on to idle servers. :|

Chathurga

Wow some people are so pathetic. They were abusing the spirit of hats and now they got bit in the ass, serves them right. You can even see how butthurt they are by looking a someone in this thread.

That halo looks absolutely horrible though >_>

nuff said.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Lol. I lost 130+ items and one hat (demoman's tophat).
I had just left the idler running for hours on end while I did other stuff.
x]

I hear some people are modding the resources on their servers so that if someone has a halo, it changes to a sign that says "FAG" right above their head wherever they go. And some people are starting a movement where, if they're medics, they -won't- heal anyone with a halo on.
I think it's fair that Valve did this, but they should have warned first imo. And it's making Valve a bunch of hypocrites because they themselves use modded weapons all the time.
(Vid about it here: YouTube - Team Fortress 2 - Valve Developer Weapons)
And it won't solve the problem anyway. Now people will just move on to idle servers. :|
The Healers Against Halos they will not heal any halo,watch out with people with tags such as "[Dirty Idler]"
Some servers are also banning halos
Steam Community :: Group :: Healers against Halos!
The "FAG" reskin~
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Healers against Halos!

Also~I like also point out if you didn't idle for 2-4weeks just maybe,just maybe you got a halo.
Some idlers didn't get there account flag.

Colm

I used !giveall on an achievement server, and I still get my halo.
FAIL on Valve's part imo.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's funny how almost everyone who doesn't have the halo hates it. :p