• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Bad Gaming Stores

Seth

MD Party Room
Come here and tell us all about how gamestop,wallmart and others have fucked you off....

I was killing time with one of my friends and we went to wallmart.. I kinda need a usb 360 controllers(For my PC) so I thought wallmart had it cheaper.... I went there to not only see it was still 40 bucks,but when the lady took it out....Both Sides where wide open... So being the cheap asss that I am I asked if I can get some kind of discount.....They got some kind of girls manger and she tells me "Your not buying the packaging your buying the controller"... After that I left the gaming part of the store picked up a NO Fear drink and went to the mall....

It may have been that one girl and not wallmart but still and kind of pissed at them...

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Vanden said:
Come here and tell us all about how gamestop,wallmart and others have fucked you off....

I was killing time with one of my friends and we went to wallmart.. I kinda need a usb 360 controllers(For my PC) so I thought wallmart had it cheaper.... I went there to not only see it was still 40 bucks,but when the lady took it out....Both Sides where wide open... So being the cheap asss that I am I asked if I can get some kind of discount.....They got some kind of girls manger and she tells me "Your not buying the packaging your buying the controller"... After that I left the gaming part of the store picked up a NO Fear drink and went to the mall....

It may have been that one girl and not wallmart but still and kind of pissed at them...

You should of told them that its still part of the product, i would be pissed if that happened to me but i haven't had any problems with the stores around my area, in fact they are really nice.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
1) You are paying for the package
Compare glass bottles (of pop or fancy water) to their plastic counter parts. Even if they have the same amount of liquid, the glass will be more expensive

2) Once that product is open, it's classified as a used product, even if it hasn't physically been used. Therefore the price should have been discounted.

3) If its more expensive then another retail store (even by a cent) you can Price Match and get another 10%

My experiences with stores have been pretty decent. Its usually me thats ripping off Walmart or Gamestop. I don't know why everyone complains about pre-orders. Just pre-order whatever game, get the gift, cancel the pre-order, get your money back, and you get to go home with a free T-Shirt, hat, figure, poster, button, whatever
Gamestop has basically paid for half my Wardrobe (for free)

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
You genius :|

My GAME and Gamestation experiences have been good, I get

Serideth

Oh man, the Gamestop near me is horrible, the manager is some really big fat guy who thinks he's the shit. He's your stereotypical nerd and if you buy a game he doesn't like he trys to convince you to get something else. He's also a real smart ass.

I remember talking to him about PSP homebrew about 2 years ago and he thought he was correct on everything he said, no bear in mind that around this time I was talking to Fanjita everyday, testing new eloaders before they went public and he explained a lot to m, so I was clued up, I explained that to the guy who said "Oh fanjita doesn't know what he's doing". What a jerk.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Tenchitsu said:
Oh man, the Gamestop near me is horrible, the manager is some really big fat guy who thinks he's the shit. He's your stereotypical nerd and if you buy a game he doesn't like he trys to convince you to get something else. He's also a real smart ass.
Seriously all Gamestop managers are like that at all locations near me. Why do I always end up getting gift certificate there, or lured in by one of their cool pre order specials.

I was fighting with one fat manager a while back about We Love Katamari. I went in to buy it the day it came out, and while he was ringing me up, he kept going on about how much he played the game, how much he loved the game, and how much he searched about it online(and the whole time he was singing the song in the most annoying voice).Then he said ," This game is too old, we don't sell them new anymore." And I kept trying to convince him that the game came out yesterday, and he was thinking of Katamari Damacy, but he wouldn't believe me. 20 minutes later another employee comes in, asks what I wanted, and pulls it immediately from a cabinet behind him. Seriously that guy should have been the manager.

The other day I went in to pre order mirrors edge(different store, but still another fat manager). He kept trying to stop me from preordering Mirrors edge and to pre order fallout 3 and far cry 2 instead. And it took a whole 20-30 minutes to finally get him to stop pestering me, and ring me up for just Mirrors Edge. Then someone called and asked if they sold ps3 hard drives (heard this because he put it on speaker). He said "no clue" and just hung up on them. I reported that store as soon as I got home. But he is still there :(

Hardrive

Contributor
The gamestop near me is pretty cool. The manager doesn't give you a hard time or anything, and usually puts up a bit of discussion about the latest games or consoles or whatever while he's getting the games from the drawer.

I hate stores like Best Buy, the employees there will come by every 3 seconds and ask you if you have Antivirus software for your PC (when you're in the PS3 section). I tell them I mostly run Linux, and I usually get a puzzled look coupled with "what's that?"

Adiuvo

My experiences have been decent for the most part. Gamestop, EB, Walmart, Best Buy, etc., are all pretty good. There's one store called KB Electronics in my mall though. There's this one guy who's been working at the place since I've gone there, and he's a rabid Nintendo fanboy. He spews out the stupidest information to customers. It gets to the point where the other employees butt into the conversation. Him and two others even had an argument right in the middle of the store. Bit sad really.

James.

User Not Found
My local game shop (A small shop, not a chain) is really good. There are only 3 different staff that I see and it's even open on sundays. The guys there are really nice too, whilest he loads up the pre-orders, he'll talk about the game. He'll point me to some info on the web, tell me abour up-coming games that he thinks I might like. Rounds UP trade-ins (So if I wanted to trade in two 9 pound games, he'll give me 20)

_Syn

James. said:
My local game shop (A small shop, not a chain) is really good. There are only 3 different staff that I see and it's even open on sundays. The guys there are really nice too, whilest he loads up the pre-orders, he'll talk about the game. He'll point me to some info on the web, tell me abour up-coming games that he thinks I might like. Rounds UP trade-ins (So if I wanted to trade in two 9 pound games, he'll give me 20)

As Sousanator said, I'm usually the ones ripping them off with a deal. I got a new copy of Madden 09 for $20 (my cousin works at EA) and then I trade the game in, and they give me $60 back because it's unused and unopened. Everytime I come in the store, they're like "What do you have to give us back today". They're oblivious that i'm getting my EA games for cheap, while they're giving me an extra $40 for doing that :)

Seth

MD Party Room
Hardrive said:
The gamestop near me is pretty cool. The manager doesn't give you a hard time or anything, and usually puts up a bit of discussion about the latest games or consoles or whatever while he's getting the games from the drawer.

I hate stores like Best Buy, the employees there will come by every 3 seconds and ask you if you have Antivirus software for your PC (when you're in the PS3 section). I tell them I mostly run Linux, and I usually get a puzzled look coupled with "what's that?"
2287015412_2792698139_o.jpg

I also a fan of gamestop.... I havent been riped off by them...
In fact I got 37 bucks for brawl months after it came out..I love them...

Hardrive

Contributor
Vanden said:
[IMG*]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2046/2287015412_2792698139_o.jpg[/IMG]

I also a fan of gamestop.... I havent been riped off by them...
In fact I got 37 bucks for brawl months after it came out..I love them...
Nice pic. That pretty much sums up the whole "Best Buy" experience for me. An employee will try to get me to let Geek Squad install a 360 game for me. They'll only charge me $120 to show up at my house, $5 per step required to reach my doorstep, $20 per button press on 360 controller, etc.

_Syn

Hardrive said:
Nice pic. That pretty much sums up the whole "Best Buy" experience for me. An employee will try to get me to let Geek Squad install a 360 game for me. They'll only charge me $120 to show up at my house, $5 per step required to reach my doorstep, $20 per button press on 360 controller, etc.

Gr-rreat! That Geek Squad thing that Best Buy does doesn't actually help people. Not unless they're completely computer illiterate. But, I am fortunate to have family members that know how to put together and build a PC and stuff.