• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Best Star Wars Game/Mod?

Noriyuke

So yeah, i've been playing a lot of the Spring Engine's Balanced Annihilation and having a fun time of it. But in my desperate search in trying to get into the Star Wars Imperial Winter Mod of the Engine i find myself distraight at the fact that i cant try out something star wars-y, so now i feel like playing something in the star wars realm. Anyone have any suggestions as to anything?

Here's what i've played since like, back in the day:
Star Wars Battlefront 1&2 + Renegade Squadron
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars The Clone Wars
Star Wars: Galactic Battleground
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Star Wars KOTOR 1&2
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Star Wars Empire Strikes Back (N64)
Star Wars Battle for Naboo

Yeah i dont know, i really wanna play something set in the star wars universe, but not something ive already played extensively, so anyone have any ideas? Also, if anyone knows of a good star wars mod for any preexisting game, i would love to know about it.

Adiuvo

Jedi Academy still has a strong online following, and Serideth and I are planning on getting a few games together.

BF2 is filled with cheaters, sadly.

Colm

BF2's got good online apart from the cheaters though. If we could get some private matches going, that'd be great.

Adiuvo

Yeah. The only problem is the horribly unbalanced classes. Dark Trooper and Imperial Officer rape everyone provided you can aim.

Noriyuke

lol, wow, yeah i dont know much about BF2 for the PC, i was a huge BF1 fan when it first came out for pc, it was awesome especially all the modded maps coming out after Pandemic allowed customm made maps to appear. But i never really played it for the pc, played it alot on the psp and xbox, but that was it, i dont know, might get into that. as for jedi academy i dont know, ill look it up, what kind of online following does it have? Mod Based? Or Multiplayer Based? I'm sure a combination of both. But yeah id be down for BF2 online.

dan369

kotor1/2 + mods ftw!

people complain a lot about kotor2, with the whole gaps in the story, certain things ain't 100% clear. But the great thing is, is that people have done a restoration mod, patching/restoring as much content as was there to restore.
(I had a link but can't find it :().
The battlefronts are also very good games, i recently played renegade squadron, a solid game, bit hard to control at times with the lack of another analog.

Noriyuke

yeah i like BF 1 & 2 But honestly as far as shooters go, its pretty mediocre, games et shitty if the teams aren't well balanced and whatnot. As far as Jedi Academy Goes, ill download it and try out whatever you guys have planned. But im still craving something star wars-y and the craving hasnt been quenched. So yeah.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
KotOR I for the win. I have played that game an equivalent to 150 hours

Riorio99

I poured hours into the first two Lego Star Wars games. The Complete Saga edition is the absolute best way to play them though.

Adiuvo

I never got into Lego Star Wars. It seems really gimmicky and the fighting system fails hard.