• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi BioWare Reveals Surprising Mass Effect 2 Player Stats

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
biowareme3.jpg

Did you know BioWare is tracking your every move in Mass Effect 2? No? Neither did we - but according to a recent IGN piece, the company has been collecting anonymous player data. The figures obtained are quite surprising, notably revealing that two players actually completed ME2 from start to finished 28 times[...]

Continue reading: BioWare Reveals Surprising Mass Effect 2 Player Stats...

El Diablo

Holy shit...20+ times is ridiculous!

Adiuvo

I remember I beat the first Ratchet and Clank over 30 times. It's not as hard as you think when you're young and don't have that many games to play through.

El Diablo

I mean I've played games I really like through like 10 times, but none of them were as long as ME, and 20 is just crazy. Although I guess it's easier when the game has so many different paths and options you can choose to go through it.

I replayed ME2 about 4 runs, one for each class (I didn't finish Adept/Something Else).

I thought that was excessive...

It's not a short game like Call of Duty, it's a pretty massive title. Making the feat all the more impressive I suppose. They sure got their money's worth.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I think I've beaten Zelda Ocarina of Time about 14 times on different consoles...FF7 about 10 times...
I could see how 20+ times with Mass Effect could be done since it took me about 15 hours to beat it firsttime with knowing nothing. Repeated playthroughs would be quicker. I remember spending well over 200 hours on Perfect Dark back when I was younger so I can definitely see how it's possible if you really like a game like that. I should play through Mass Effect again, it was awesome.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't see this as strange as the game I really love I've beat at least over 5 times, exception made for Chrono Cross, which I played and beat over 26 times during the course over one year :D

That said, I felt ME2 was a shooter more than a RPG and couldn't get into it... I was told "AWESOME RPG" and I actually liked ME1 so I tried it only to find "WTF SHOOTER?"... I might give it a second chance when it comes out for the PS3, but I think the better RPG of this gen is Dragon Age.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

El Diablo

I really couldn't get into Demons Souls, unfortunately.

Zx30

Beto
I remember I beat the first Ratchet and Clank over 30 times. It's not as hard as you think when you're young and don't have that many games to play through.

Truth. When I was younger I had less games and TOO much time on my hands as well.
Even today it's like that. Just yesterday I ran into a kid on Youtube that happens to be a Shiny Pokemon collector. Shiny pokemon are NOT easy to find. Completely random actually. His latest pokemon to find took him over 25,000 encounters. That means going into the grass, finding a pokemon, running away, and repeating until you find one. He has tons of LIVE encounters with no cheating devices. It's quite astounding how much dedication...and time this boy has. Reminds me of me back in the day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i wonder if this well prompt people to try and beat the set records, now that they know their being tracked

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Offtopic, but that video has just scared me quite a bit. :scared: The way that boy celebrated finding his shiny ponyta is unnatural, to say the least. :huh:

i guess when u spend over 200 days hunting a single pokemon, u can become quite happy about finding it....(also, how did he know how many encounters he had?, the games don't keep track do they?)

also, seriously, that kid has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on his hands

MenaceInc

Staff Member
i guess when u spend over 200 days hunting a single pokemon, u can become quite happy about finding it....(also, how did he know how many encounters he had?, the games don't keep track do they?)

also, seriously, that kid has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on his hands

He was tracking it himself on a TI calculator. It was rather scary as well. I don't remember getting that excited over anything in a game ever. Except maybe playing in a match or something but not a pok

MenaceInc

Staff Member
After 25968 Encounters?

Somebody should tell him about the "all wild pokemon are shiny cheat" code.

And then the reaction...

I think he was deliberately trying to do it cheatfree though :S
I'm sure he knew about the cheat for all shinys

PR0fessor Burnt

I remember when my friend encountered a shiny lugia...got really excited and then he killed it plus forgot to save before the battle XD

A shiny Pokemon is like a trophy; while it is not any stronger than its normal version, the fact that you have one is pretty cool. The chances of finding a shiny Pokemon is normally 1 in 8192. That's a 0.0122% chance of finding one! Don't bother breeding for one either, as the chances of receiving a shiny egg are just as slim.

Those odds....