• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Blizzard Bringing Diablo III to PS3 and PS4

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Chris Metzen of Blizzard Entertainment came on stage today to annouced that Diablo III is coming to the PlayStation 3 and newly announced PlayStation 4. The studio is currently transitioning the game from the PC to the console, changing the user interface and re-imagining the control system. No game footage was shown but we can expect to see some at PAX East in March.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Big news, noticed it was never mentioned as an exclusive so seems the Xbox will be getting similar treatment, or they are still in the process of working out a deal.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Big news, noticed it was never mentioned as an exclusive so seems the Xbox will be getting similar treatment, or they are still in the process of working out a deal.

We always knew it was coming to consoles (mainly from the job openings) but I'm not sure why they are bringing it to the PS4. The PlayStation 3 is more than capable of running the game as-is as far as I know. It'll be interesting to see what changes they make though (and how they'll handle online play)

LocutusEstBorg

No it slows down and lags even on my PC during heavy combat. The PS3 most certainly cannot run it without reducing the graphics substantially. The environment textures are extremely sharp and there's no way the PS3 can handle it without compromise.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Could be because of your CPU though. I'd imagine there may be CPU issues since the game is all generated Server side.

I'm sure the PS3 could handle this game at 30FPS easy. Despite some stuttering, my brother's Athlon II X2 PC can do 1440x900 without too much trouble getting 60FPS.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
No it slows down and lags even on my PC during heavy combat. The PS3 most certainly cannot run it without reducing the graphics substantially. The environment textures are extremely sharp and there's no way the PS3 can handle it without compromise.

My laptop can run it on integrated graphics at low settings. Although it does drop below 30 frames so it wouldn't be ideal. Although I'd imagine it's a lot harder to port it to the PS3 than any other console considering the cell architecture as well.