• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

botmann - Steam

botmann

It appears that my Steam account may be marked with some kind of infraction that is no not allowed to participate in the Leaderboards. I do know which game or how this came to be. I have played some games directly on my PC. Others via Geforce Now. I don't play many games on my PC because it has a very weak GPU and this has been the situation since 2019 (Intel NUCs). Before that, I was running Windows on a late 2009 Mac Mini since about 2010 (I used this PC for about ten years).

Most of the gaming I do on PC is Rocksmith (like 99.5%). If I'm going to play a PC game, I'm doing it through GeForce Now. I did use OnLive, which used PC versions. Other than that, I would try to games on PC to see if they would run and how well.

I'm also not necessarily an achievement hunter. I will try to get some achievements in the games I'm playing. I'm not playing games for achievements.

Please advise the situation regarding my Steam account so that I may be able to correct it. Thank you for your time and help.

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey, your Steam profile is not marked on Exophase. If you've recently added your profile on Exophase, it takes a while until your rank gets calculated.

botmann

I don't remember when I setup the exophase account. It's probably been a few years.

What I see is that all the Steam games when I check the leaderboards show as not completed. Although true, I see other people on the boards with incomplete games.

As far as I know, I have given permission on Steam for Exophase. I'm not sure what is preventing the Steam games from participating in the leaderboards. I do not see the issue with other platforms

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't remember when I setup the exophase account. It's probably been a few years.

What I see is that all the Steam games when I check the leaderboards show as not completed. Although true, I see other people on the boards with incomplete games.

As far as I know, I have given permission on Steam for Exophase. I'm not sure what is preventing the Steam games from participating in the leaderboards. I do not see the issue with other platforms
In regards to the game leaderboards, you will only be ranked there once all achievements are earned since the ranking order is based on when the game was completed. Earning all achievements is what qualifies as a completion here.

The rankings for non-completions are not really assigned a specific number, since there's no completion date associated. There's really no difference between someone that earned 24 achievements and another user that earned 24 achievements if they have not yet completed the game.

Though I do realize the non-completions still have a number if you browse the leaderboards, that's just based on the database order though and not based on any particular metric. I suppose to make that less confusing we could change it so the rank is equal to the amount of achievements earned for non-completions. That way we could still show a specific rank # for these.

Edit: We could also use EXP to distinguish the rankings of non-completions better. That's not something we had when I originally setup the game leaderboards so didn't cross my mind at the time, but it is an option too.

Last edited:

botmann

It wasn't so much the ranking of the non-completed games that was off to me. I more or less assume everyone with a specific number of achievements was considered a tie. If EXP have different values for certain achievements, I suppose that could be used to do some ranking.

I was trying to figure out why I wasn't included were others who did not complete a game were. I've included a cropped screen capture showing this. This is the PC game I play the most. Thus, it is the only one I have any real interest. And it's not really an achievement hunter kind of game.
rslb.jpg

Attachments

• rslb.jpg
    rslb.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 9

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It does show you on the leaderboard though, you're on page 5 ( see attached ). Though you seem to be looking on page 3 in your screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 10.55.04 PM.png

Last edited: