• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Brave Fencer Musashi still freezes?

aznshorty1574

im using 3.51 m33. I read some message bord and it was orginally posted that Brave Fencer Musashi freezes at the intro in 3.1. Is it normal to have Brave Fencer Musashi freeze when i have 3.51 m33?

Krelian

Been posting these all over town...

From the thread i got 2 question about psp:
PopStation isn't 100% compatible with every game... check out the POPS Compatibility List to find some that definitely do and don't work.
To make matters more complex it's been discovered that Sony built game-specific patches into PopS so using a different Game ID when you turn your PSone game into an EBOOT can sometimes fix glitches... see the thread Resident Evil 2 now WORKING on 3.40 OE for more information.
Specifically the code for the Japanese Resident Evil 2 ( SLPS01222 ) has fixed many of the glitches when playing Brave Fencer Musashi but you may run into other problems further into the game...

o2byzst

Wow Aznshorty, I can't get Brave Fencer work at all on 3.71 m33. It starts, shows the intro movie, then says "Journey Begins" then goes dark. I've never gotten past that point. I've tried using this alternate Game ID method too and nothing. Have you or anyone else had any success with this?

I'm thinking it might be that I have a bad .img file.

Richlando

SLPS01222 is broken for RE2 in 371M33 which now requires another ID to work,so it may be that Musashi can't be fixed with SLPS01222 but requires another ID altogether..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

frisomel

i thought that you need not popsloader when you are in version 3.80 M33-5..i'm getting the same problem here..Brave Fencer Musashi freezes when I start a New Game..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i thought that you need not popsloader when you are in version 3.80 M33-5..i'm getting the same problem here..Brave Fencer Musashi freezes when I start a New Game..

Rebuild the EBOOT.PBP with PSX2PSP and set GameID to SLPS01222. Then use the 3.40 pops.

Gunmetal

Alrighty I figured it out. I'll go step by step. its actually pretty easy to get that game running.

1. Get "simple popstation GUI 2 beta." created by: ZiNgA BuRgA.

2. got to "http://romhustler.net/roms/psx/b" and look up the 4 part download for brave fencer

3. ....download it....

4. Change the gamer id to "SLPS-01156" using simple popstation

5. Use simple popstation to convert it to the EBOOT.PBP file.

6. Drop in game folder and feel the nostalgia.

Works for 3.90 M33-3

Immolatus

I havent played too far into it, but on 4.01 M33-2 ive gotten past the intro and chapter 1 part, using From flash pops and game id SLPS 01490 i think this is the japanese game it for it. but yeah no problems so far.

rocklite

i cant get this game to stop locking up when i try to leave the town. im on chapter 2 i think. ive tried building with psx2psp 1.4.2. compression on. slps/slus 01156/01490. tried pops station plugin at 3.71, 4.01. im on cfw 6.60 pro c 3. when it locks up i still have home button control. (most games outright crash the whole psp when they fail) ** SLPS01490 with 0 compression works fine WITH 4.01. =p MADE WITH PSX2PSP 1.43 **