• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Buying a new PSP?

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Okay, so my PSP was stolen well over a year ago. So with that said. I miss it. And there are things that I haven't kept updated on.

So firstly:

1) What firmware does current PSP-3000 models ship with?

NOTE: I'm not interested in purchasing the "PSP Go!"

2) Also, what homebrew advancements have taken place in the past year? And does the shipping firmware with PSP-3000s usually come out to be hackable?

3) I'm well aware of the fact that 5.50 has not been hacked( as far as Google shows). But is it probable that the Rock Band Unplugged bundle with the game and the system be over 5.03?

4) What are some fun games that are affordable?

5) Lastly, what are all the firmware updates that have come out in the past year? For future reference so I can study the situation more thoroughly.

6) I lied, any cool themes come out as well?

Fives

1. someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i think the newest psp 3k's are starting to come with the latest 5.50 fw which is currently unhackable
2. every psp fw 5.03 and below is hackable including the PSP2k and 3K but depending on your motherboard you won't be able to install custom firmware
3. no idea ):
4. most PSP games are very affordable you just need to know where to look, tell us what kinda games you like and i'm sure people can recommend some good ones.

Slasher

Suck It
I'm pretty sure all PSP-3000's to date are going to be hackable. PSP-3000's in the future will obviously begin being shipped with the latest firmware, but I'm pretty sure they aren't as of right now. These latest firmwares that block ChickHEN only came out like a month or so ago. I doubt there has been a new set of stock since then. It usually takes longer than just a month judging by whats happened over and over again in the past.

And also I'd like TheMysteriousThug to keep in mind that by when Fives says "you won't be able to install custom firmware", he means the typical custom firmware that stays on your PSP even when you reboot it. The PSP-3000's PRE-IPL still isn't known yet which prevents anything to load upon bootup. So custom firmware is currently not available in that sense. What IS available though is a temporary customfirmware that can be loaded and stays in memory up until you fully shut off your PSP. All you have to do is reenable it whenever your PSP has a full shutdown.

"3) I'm well aware of the fact that 5.50 has not been hacked( as far as Google shows). But is it probable that the Rock Band Unplugged bundle with the game and the system be over 5.03?"

I took a quick peek at google but didn't find anything. It only just got released today so I'm sure there will be reports of what comes in it very shortly.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Thank you both, that has been very helpful, in regards to the fact that there doesn't appear to be a more permanent way of installing custom firmware.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
4) What are some fun games that are affordable?

-Daxter-Contenue from Jack And Daxter

-Final fantasy crisis core-RPG gameplay, free movements

-Dj Max Emotional Sense Fever-Rythme base music game check out the demo before buying

-Metal Gear Portable Ops-3rd person shooter

-Street Fighter Apha Max-fighting

-WTF *work time fun* bunch mini games but really fun-mini games that are annoying till you get good ones

-Guilty Gear X Reloaded *two games in one a side stroller, and a fighting game*-fighting

-Monster Hunters Freedom2-*rpg mmo type gameplay*

These games you can snag around 10$-20$+ used or new. You might not like them so do some research but this gives you idea what games you can get.