• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Buying a Touch - Any Tips or stuff

Alex

Hai Dudes :)

Today is payday so im going to finally upgrade my 8Gb ipod nano 3g for a 32GB Ipod Touch 3G :D
So have you guys got any useful tips and stuff. Also a question - i know some ipod's have a newer baseband so they cant be jailbroken or something like that - how do i know if i can jail break mine? (i might be talking gyberish but im 100% noob when it comes to this.
Finally last question - Does anyone know how to remove the eu cap?

january39

eXo Staff
I am seeking answers to these questions as well, he he - i just got a 8gb touch as well.

I'm thinking jailbreaking does not do much more than give you additional themes?? What are the must have apps/games etc?

Alex

Cheers Xsavior - Turns out i bought a US Model so my touch doesnt have a EU CAP.

@January39 - from the little time i had an iphone, from what i gathered a jailbreak is equalivent to cfw, so like themes, homebrew ect ect

XsavioR

Generally it cost more to ship the unit in and back and pay for labor and parts , then to get a warranty to begin with. Look online for accessories, Stores are about 300 % markup . Just be sure to match the unit revision to the accessories. Perhaps visit a store and try the features you want , and then go buy the model # off the interwebs.

PR0fessor Burnt

you can jailbreak an ipod if it has 3.1.2 firmware or below I believe 3.1.3 is the the newest so there is a chance that there are some older ones still in stock

edit: tip: by some sort of protective case cause touch's have alot of little sensitive parts

Alex

Cheers guys :)
if you remember anything be sure to post it :)

+rep to Xsaviour and PROfessor Burnt :)

Silence

Banned
Not to offend, but you seem like such an antagonist to things.

Anyways, jailbreaking doesn't mean themes - it means access to the root files. For example, you CAN theme your icons, background, apps, etc., but you can also set up things that Apple prohibits from being done via the App Store. For example, you can have SBSettings to see phone stats, respring the phone, reboot it, and to see the processes running.

Other things include ProSwitcher, to multitask your apps and see them in a Palm Pre like style via double click, and OverBoard to see all of your springboard pages. Similar to Expos

Alex

Anyways, jailbreaking doesn't mean themes - it means access to the root files. For example, you CAN theme your icons, background, apps, etc., but you can also set up things that Apple prohibits from being done via the App Store. For example, you can have SBSettings to see phone stats, respring the phone, reboot it, and to see the processes running.

Other things include ProSwitcher, to multitask your apps and see them in a Palm Pre like style via double click, and OverBoard to see all of your springboard pages. Similar to Expos

january39

eXo Staff

january39

eXo Staff
It has 3.1.3 Fw on it :(

Alex

It has 3.1.3 Fw on it :(

haha the ironic thing is that mine WAS 3.1.2 then i thought im not gonna jailbreak it and updated it, then i tried to downgrade it to 3.1.2 again and it said error firmware not for blah blah

so looks like me and january39 have to wait for blackra1n to update it...its like waiting for dax to do a m33 :p lol

PR0fessor Burnt

ya I am to I had to update because it wasn't working with a micro system I bought for it so I restored it but it also updated in the process :(

january39

eXo Staff
Think i must have auto update on, as i am sure it started as 3.1.2....Hmmm

Yeah, me and you are waiting Alex :p