• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Buying Preowned (Need a good deal)

James.

User Not Found
I'm in need of a new 360. Totally unrelated to the ban wave <_<
I'm thinking about getting a preowned one, any good deals in the UK?

If not I could fake a rrod and see if my parents would pay up

James.

User Not Found
I'll check them out in town on Saturday.
It sucks that its just Game and Gamestation here.
And a local shop, I'll check out there too :)

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm in the same situation. We have an HMV too, but they suck usually. Good luck, anyway. ;)

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
If you are buying pre-owned, make a note that:
1) It will most likely be an older unit and therefore more prone to RROD and E74 errors
2) High chance that it is banned from xbox live (from all the ban waves)
3) No warranties from Microsoft

If none of that matters to you, look at sites like craigslist or something similar. I'm not sure about the UK but in North America it is usually cheaper buying a used console there than Gamestop

James.

User Not Found
If you are buying pre-owned, make a note that:
1) It will most likely be an older unit and therefore more prone to RROD and E74 errors
2) High chance that it is banned from xbox live (from all the ban waves)
3) No warranties from Microsoft

If none of that matters to you, look at sites like craigslist or something similar. I'm not sure about the UK but in North America it is usually cheaper buying a used console there than Gamestop
1) My '06 console wont rrod.... Its been on for 5/6hours playing a dvd. Wrapped in a towel. So I'm not fussed
2) Shops over here have a 30day money back policy (Includes preowned) So I could take it back
3) Original 3 year I heard still is included, and Gamestation over here have a year warranty for a preowned 360

Thing is, it needs to be an actual shop, cause my mum doesnt know I hacked it, hence why I need to either buy one or fake a rrod

James.

User Not Found
Just a follow up

My mum bought me a new Arcade from Amazon. Came with an extra controller (Although it's black, and it won't match ): I hate my OCD) Pure, Lego Batman (The pack with all three to be exact) and Dragon Age: Origins.

All for

Access_Denied

Good thing you went with new. My friend just bought a refurb from Gamestop and it had the RROD within 10 minutes. Then the disc tray wouldn't open and wouldn't give us our game back. I'll never buy used again. :/

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Used 360's don't go over too well with most people so I agree that new was a good way to go. Hope you enjoy Pure, it was one of my favorite games of last year :)

Seth

MD Party Room
Cool I just picked up Pure myself( 10 bucks Gamefly ftw) maybe I play you sometime. I must say that I had my doughs of buying my 360 from that Best Buy Private Store and Auction site sure it not used but it not new . But after a little over 5 months it still going strong and have yet to have RRODs or any real problems with it

xploren

Contributor
Cool I just picked up Pure myself( 10 bucks Gamefly ftw) maybe I play you sometime. I must say that I had my doughs of buying my 360 from that Best Buy Private Store and Auction site sure it not used but it not new . But after a little over 5 months it still going strong and have yet to have RRODs or any real problems with it

pizza+dough.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
[qimg]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_koa6gYvQPWQ/SN2GKhs4FHI/AAAAAAAAAHY/jiYAaIe2ODA/s400/pizza+dough.jpg[/qimg]

hqdefault.jpg

Tbh.

On topic: I think staying away from used 360s is a good idea. You can almost be sure that most of the new ones have Jasper motherboards now so the chance of a RROD is very slim.