• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

C++ programming

Dark Adonis

I need help learning to program in c++. I dont understand how to write my own code. can anyone explain to me how to do so? any help will do. thanks

Seth

MD Party Room
Look up any C++ tutorial online or check out public library for a book on c++?

Go start of with a basic c++ hello world. And try to dissect that the best you can. Then move on to basic input/output stuff. Like asking for a name then printing it out. Then move onto basic control structures (for loops, while loops, etc). There's plenty of stuff online

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
But what does it mean when they tell u to "write your code"?
open up notepad, and begin writing some c/c++, then use a compiler like gcc(or g++ for c++), and compile it into executable code.

for example, a simple hello world:
Code:
#include<stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv){
   printf("Hello World!\n");
   return 0;
}

Moca

Yeah, just grab gcc and compile the file to a binary... because you probably already know what those things are.

An easy way to learn programming is with an IDE such as DevC++/Visual Studio/Code::Blocks. An IDE will simplify the entire process of creating an application and getting it up an running quickly since you won't have to worry about as much up-front.

So, go download an IDE, find an introductory tutorial to C++, code in the IDE instead of notepad (it will make things a bit easier for you), and feel free to ask questions on this forum (people are willing to help you if you are willing to help yourself) ;)

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
Yeah, just grab gcc and compile the file to a binary... because you probably already know what those things are.

An easy way to learn programming is with an IDE such as DevC++/Visual Studio/Code::Blocks. An IDE will simplify the entire process of creating an application and getting it up an running quickly since you won't have to worry about as much up-front.

So, go download an IDE, find an introductory tutorial to C++, code in the IDE instead of notepad (it will make things a bit easier for you), and feel free to ask questions on this forum (people are willing to help you if you are willing to help yourself) ;)

Here is one really good IDE to begin with:

NetBeans IDE: http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html

Kruser

exo domyessay

Hi guys, I'm a high schooler, need to decide what to do next. I started learning C++ with Udacity and edX. Then I saw an add that Champlain College is offering an online course in C++ Programming >> Undergraduate Certificate Program. But I'm not sure if it's the best choice for me.. Should I go with this online course or look for more variants to study on campus? Thanks.

Gamer Steve

exo domyessay

Hi guys, I'm a high schooler, need to decide what to do next. I started learning C++ with Udacity and edX. Then I saw an add that Champlain College is offering an online course in C++ Programming >> Undergraduate Certificate Program. But I'm not sure if it's the best choice for me.. Should I go with this online course or look for more variants to study on campus? Thanks.
My advice is what u said check online ir even ask some advisors if u have any. Def get info if u want to learn more about it