• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I hate this game...

That is all.

Level design? Not a fan of MP level design. That's pretty much what it boils down to.

Seriously though: From the hour or so I've played I am extremely dissatisfied with it. For once I think this will be the one COD game in which I don't put 200+ hours into. What is everyone else's take on the game?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I only had time to play an hour last night. I'm still trying to figure out the new createaclass.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I only had time to play an hour last night. I'm still trying to figure out the new createaclass.

It's pretty straight-forward. You have 10 "points" to spend on creating your class. Each perk takes one point as well as your primary and secondary weapons and any attachments you'd like to have. Grenades also count towards your 10 allotted items/slots.

Weapons level up independelty of each other and you unlock the attachments for them based on their level progression. Wildcards are almost like additional perks / special abilities. The ones I know of for now allow you to have a second perk of any category although both the wildcard and 2nd perk charge a point so they take up 2 points total.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Are you just salty because you can't keep your 3:1 KTD?

That's part of the reason! I'm still learning these crazy levels (oh and these stupid spawns are pissing me off too). I also am not a fan of any of the starting weapons, none of them are as good as the M16 or SCAR from previous COD games. It'll be interesting to see how the higher level guns perform. Guys seem to take a lot more bullets to bring down in this game though.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
First thing I said was I feel like I'm shooting marshmallows to my friends as well. I chalked it up to only playing hardcore in the last few titles.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
First thing I said was I feel like I'm shooting marshmallows to my friends as well. I chalked it up to only playing hardcore in the last few titles.

Ha that's a nice way of putting it. Another huge negative for me is the inability to hear footsteps....like at all. I can't tell if someone is trying to get up behind me anymore nor can I use it to pinpoint where someone is around me.

I've also experienced several cases of me shooting a guy first....dead on and him being able to return fire after and kill me. I'm thinking there's more lag compensation or just plain old lag in this game compared to others.

I honestly don't know if I can recommend my friend buy this title even though we both have been playing COD religiously on the weekends together for well over a year now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I think I may know part of my problem....I'm now matched up against people my skill level (basically how ranked matchmaking worked in Halo) so I'm finding them to be a lot tougher than your average COD player....that could be contributing to my frustration.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Allow me to continue my trend of complaining about things today and say, I wasn't even going to purchase this game but since motherfuckers love me I ended up with it.
Now with that said... why is it that everyone is this game is a suddenly fucking marksman it's like the moment you see somebody you're dead, and the ones that don't instantly kill you with their steely gaze are able to kill you with 3 well placed bullets to the elbow. And spawning is still bad, not MW3 spawn-you-in-the-same-exact-spot-your-enemy-spawned-in bad, but still bad. the good news is that the longer the game is out the worst it'll get.

Taking a break from complaining I really like the pick 10 system, now I can carry more perks at the cost of things I don't use like non-letal grenades. I've taken a grand liking to removing all my guns and just knifing the fuck out of people as evidenced by the fact that my longest kill score streak is with a knife and so far it seems to be more accurate than it was in MW3.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
May I also mention that on top of the poor level design, the spawns in this game are seriously messed up. I'm trying to flank an enemy position and clear out a few guys on my way and then suddenly two of them pop up right next to me via spawning (to my rear right, clear sight of me as I'm running past them). Checked theater and confirmed they had just spawned. It's especially bad on the Hijacked map (the yacht one)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What AR's are you guys using? I can't find one I like.

But by far my biggest complaint with this game is the fact that there is no Hardcore Kill Confirmed. That's only the gamemode that I played last game. I pretty much exclusively played that and prestiged 12 times playing.

Makes no fucking sense. It was the only Hardcore mode that didn't really promote camping. If it doesn't get added, I'll probably stop playing pretty soon.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

But by far my biggest complaint with this game is the fact that there is no Hardcore Kill Confirmed. That's only the gamemode that I played last game. I pretty much exclusively played that and prestiged 12 times playing.

Makes no fucking sense. It was the only Hardcore mode that didn't really promote camping. If it doesn't get added, I'll probably stop playing pretty soon.

I can't find any I like yet either. I'm waiting to unlock the SCAR and see how I like that but it's annoying since I don't like the game that much. I'm using the Type 25 though.

EDIT: The m27 is much better

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
May I also mention that on top of the poor level design, the spawns in this game are seriously messed up. I'm trying to flank an enemy position and clear out a few guys on my way and then suddenly two of them pop up right next to me via spawning (to my rear right, clear sight of me as I'm running past them). Checked theater and confirmed they had just spawned. It's especially bad on the Hijacked map (the yacht one)
The level design makes it really hard to reload, I usually post up in a corner real quick to reload, but that doesn't work anymore, as soon as I do an enemy comes sprinting around the corner guns blazing like I'm the only person on his map.

I've been using the swat-556 with select fire. or the fal.
Hardcore kill confirmed was the first mode I looked for when I put the game on, I hope they add it soon. I like that there is no wait time.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i think i enjoy halo 4 much more than BO:2, the map designs essentially have at least 3 different ways to get to any point on the map, and it feels like i'm constantly getting blasted from the side. I can never seem to find anyone before they find me. at least with halo, if i get hit by someone, i'm not dead on sight, i still have a bit of a chance to fend them off.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That last pistol you unlock is a beast. Use it now before it gets nerfed.

@Craig - A friend of mine that I was playing with said the same thing about reloading. He said its pointless to reload while running now and to hide to reload.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I never noticed how strong the tac-45 is until now, it can drop most people with 2 bullets.

@Abe have you found a decent AR yet? I feel like the Black Ops series in general favors SMGs

AngelusnChaos

I hate this game...

That is all.

Level design? Not a fan of MP level design. That's pretty much what it boils down to.

Seriously though: From the hour or so I've played I am extremely dissatisfied with it. For once I think this will be the one COD game in which I don't put 200+ hours into. What is everyone else's take on the game?
CoD always puts subtle changes in each MP. They don't want to throw away hooked fans by introducing too many new elements. I am a huge fan of their single player campaign, the multiplayer is fun though sometimes a bit repetitive. I would say hands down this is the best action oriented FPS out their when it comes down to the adrenaline excitement the campaign always has in store!