• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Can't link Retro Achievements account even though the site is back up

Jayked21

I tried linking my RA account but it still just says "RetroAchievements API is currently offline. Profile tracking is limited. It is recommend to check the RA Discord channel for updates." even though I checked and the website is back up.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The error message is accurate, they brought the website back up but not the API. This means third party sites can’t pull any data from the site.

Until they bring it back online, there’s nothing we can do — it’s not possible to simply scrape data from the website as that will only make the issues they are having worse. From what I gather it is an issue with handling the increased server load and they are working on optimizing the code as well as upgrade servers.

I have not been given an ETA on when the API will return so it’s recommended to keep checking their Discord. They will make an announcement when it is back online and the RA integration will start working again here.

Jayked21

OK thanks, I thought it was a glitch on this website.

Guess I'll just try it again tomorrow and see what it says.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Retodon8

Thanks for updating. Stadia is still listed as active, but of course the entire platform is retired. I think there's still the Steam time tracking issue if you haven't earned achievements after they changed stuff on their end?

Man_bey

Hello, my PSN account is not synced since 3 weeks, even with a manual scan the last played don’t show up. Any idea how to fix this? I tried removing/adding back the PSN account.
Thanks !

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor