• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Chatbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leecher

Might I suggest some type of chatbox on the main forum page? It would make the community a little more social and we can use it for small talk as well. So what do you say?

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, I'm just throwing out some suggests as a new member.

angelsniper45

theres an irc. thats pretty much what it is.

thread locked as its a suggestion for something we have.

angelsniper45

yeah i cant mod this section :'(

Leecher

theres an irc. thats pretty much what it is.

thread locked as its a suggestion for something we have.

No.

Well technically we do not already have this. I suggested that the chatbox should be on the main forum page, and we don't have that yet.

J

jx233

Leecher said:
I suggested that the chatbox should be on the main forum page, and we don't have that yet.

Well, if there will be a chatbox, it should be for registered users only.

Also, I find the very idea of a chatbox not necessary (my opinion), because there is an IRC that has the features of a chatbox.

J

jx233

Try the Sceners.org IRC or the MforMature IRC, those are more active.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Shoutboxes have been discussed before and I think this classic quote from rabbit sums up how I personally feel about it

I think it would promote pointless spam. There's a forum and an IRC server. The shoutbox was a terrible invention, and should never be used. By anyone. Ever.

Period.

so it may or may not be implemented
It's up to the discretion of x3sphere

january39

eXo Staff
Im my experience chatbox's cause nothing but trouble, with all kinds of random posts saying stuff like. When will the psp-3000 be hacked.

We had one at PSP4noobz and it was forever having posts deleted. Just my view.

@Menace inc, you must have been typing same point as me.....Exactly my view

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Im my experience chatbox's cause nothing but trouble, with all kinds of random posts saying stuff like. When will the psp-3000 be hacked.

We had one at PSP4noobz and it was forever having posts deleted. Just my view.

@Menace inc, you must have been typing same point as me.....Exactly my view

my post was 14 minutes before yours :p

J

jx233

Yes, you can close the thread. I support you in closing it. The decision is all your's or x3sphere's. As you read, a chatbox is not necessary.

january39 said:

rabbit said:
I think it would promote pointless spam. There's a forum and an IRC server. The shoutbox was a terrible invention, and should never be used. By anyone. Ever.

Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.