• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

dubmonkey

dubmonkey,

If it's not working for you then you're not doing it right. Simple as that.

yeah, i'm just an idiot and can't follow simple instructions... that sure explains everything. maybe i should ask the wizard of OZ for a brain since i'm such a retard?

please, don't insult my intelligence

BerkayB

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
3) Come back from suspend
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card
6) Wait without scrolling.

__

Could someone tell me what the suspend mode is? :)

gabs

Well, dubmonkey, you haven't been forthcoming as to what your system is, perhaps that's where the problem lies. Is it a 2000 slim, phat or 3000? Have you verified that your ofw is 5.03? The instructions I mentioned earlier was only tested on a 2000 slim, so if yours is a 3000, I didn't vouch for that version, did I?

dubmonkey

Well, dubmonkey, you haven't been forthcoming as to what your system is, perhaps that's where the problem lies. Is it a 2000 slim, phat or 3000? Have you verified that your ofw is 5.03? The instructions I mentioned earlier was only tested on a 2000 slim, so if yours is a 3000, I didn't vouch for that version, did I?

i've been trying mainly on my own psp, which is a 3000, however i have also been trying on a 2000 model. but, since the 2000 isn't mine, i havn't been on it all day like i have been on my own. my response is from my experience with the 2000 model.

i realize you were not vouching for the 300x models

again, please do not insult my intelligence.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM EST ----------

if anyone else wants to know what hardware i have at my disposal, i don't have the 2000 handy anymore, it went home with it's owner. i do have a fat 1000 at my disposal (but why bother with chickHEN, so many other ways to enjoy homebrews on those...) but it's my GF's, don't really mess with it. and of course my own 3000 running 5.03 OFW.

yes, it's a 3000. not 3001, not 3006, not 300whatever. 3000

i also have linux (ubuntu 9), dual boot to windows vista (ew), and my GF has a mac. memory stick is a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 2GB

and yes, i've tried unrar-ing and transferring the files from all 3 operating systems. no dice

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM EST ----------

...Have you verified that your ofw is 5.03?...

have you verified that you aren't talking to a 5 year old? seriously, do i have to start posting pictures for you?

YES, i'm running OFW 5.03

and i do apologize, i know there are idiots loose on the internet. but i did ask for you to stop assuming i'm one of them

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM EST ----------

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
3) Come back from suspend
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card
6) Wait without scrolling.

__

Could someone tell me what the suspend mode is? :)

to suspend, just flick the power switch. if you hold it for a few seconds then you turn the PSP off all the way

BerkayB

This is the surest way (100%) to make the HEN run on your SLIM (PSP-200x) systems, everytime:

1. Turn on your PSP (no need to do the standby thing...)
2. Go to PHOTO then Memory Stick then ChickHEN folder
3. Before the thumbnails begin to show, scroll down very fast to the last image called "slim.tiff". Once the thumbnails finish showing until this image, the screen will go awry and the HEN will begin to work.

Haven't tested on PSP3000 systems, but it should work. Try it!

Doesn't work on my PSP 2004.. :[ !

dubmonkey

This is the surest way (100%) to make the HEN run on your SLIM (PSP-200x) systems, everytime:

1. Turn on your PSP (no need to do the standby thing...)
2. Go to PHOTO then Memory Stick then ChickHEN folder
3. Before the thumbnails begin to show, scroll down very fast to the last image called "slim.tiff". Once the thumbnails finish showing until this image, the screen will go awry and the HEN will begin to work.

Haven't tested on PSP3000 systems, but it should work. Try it!

Doesn't work on my PSP 2004.. :[ !

where's Gabs to tell you you're incompetent? LMAO!

all i can say is keep trying... it may work one way or another for you, it may never work for you. don't give up until you're about to throw your PSP. then give up. don't throw your PSP tho. ^_^

vibraloop

BerkayB

When you shut down psp you hold in the power switch for like 2 seconds..

when you go suspend mode, you only push it fast once.

arquliz

Thanks you so much...
I was wondering if it was safe to install a custom firmware while my psp is in hen mode or will it destroy it?

Hellcat

Contributor
Thanks you so much...
I was wondering if it was safe to install a custom firmware while my psp is in hen mode or will it destroy it?
Depends on the model of PSP you have. On newer Slims and the 3k it's a sure brick, i.e. unsafe as hell.

Hellbound

Gabs,

The problem might me the model that Dub has. He said he has the FF 20th Anniversary edition PSP. Being that I don't know anyone with it I can't vouch whether or not it works on those systems. So there's no need to continue giving him a hard time.

speaking of which...

IS there anyone out there that's gotten R2 to work on a 20th? or is willing to try?

Will next Recovery Flasher be patched so the users who have HEN on their Phat can go to 1.50?

I'm just asking from curiousity.

colin776775

heyy i got my brothers psp on psp cfw 5.00 m33-6 and it was semi bricked and i used recovery to easily fix it and i modified it to work on psp 3000 and my psp 3001 is BRICKED!
luckily i have a warranty and hopefully they won't void me for tryi to mod it.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM EST ----------

when i turn my psp 3001 on the green light will go on but nothing else worked, its bricked nfortanately,.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM EST ----------

but unfortaneately i might be getting a new PSP with ofw 5.50 :(