• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Chris Rock - Kill the Messenger

Joey

I don't know if we have any stand-up comedy fans here, but I'm kind of a connoisseur of stand-up. I have my headphones on almost 24/7, and at least half that time is spent listening to stand-up.

Anyway, I just downloaded Chris Rock's newest HBO special from last year, and it's seriously one of the top 3-4 stand up performances I've ever heard. It's probably Chris Rock's best special, which is saying a lot, considering he was a comedy legend in my eyes even before I heard this.

Chris Rock: Kill the Messenger - London, New York, Johannesburg (2008) (TV)

really hmm guess ill have to listen to this. so whats your take on dane cook? i love his viscious circle vid its my favorite stand up of all time. he has another thats pretty good not as good though cant remember the name though

Joey

I used to like him, but dude steals material from Louis C.K., who I consider to be superior, so I don't listen to him.

I'm only one of those indie fags who get's mad when they discover somebody, and then a couple years later, everybody starts listening to them.

With that said, Dane Cook is just too "frat boy" to me. Not very subtle.

I used to like him, but dude steals material from Louis C.K., who I consider to be superior, so I don't listen to him.

I'm only one of those indie fags who get's mad when they discover somebody, and then a couple years later, everybody starts listening to them.

With that said, Dane Cook is just too "frat boy" to me. Not very subtle.

yeah ive heard that about his material. I mainly wwatch him as his manuerisms are just hilarious to me listening and watching are a huge diff with dane cook imo. I know what you mean by hes to "frat boy", but that sort of appeals to my age group and me as you can tell lol

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
@Joey - I'm surprised you just got around to this, it's been out for a while. Do you like Zack Galifinakis?

If you have Netflix on your 360, go stream The Comedians of Comedy, it's quality.

banneduser9

I don't know if we have any stand-up comedy fans here, but I'm kind of a connoisseur of stand-up. I have my headphones on almost 24/7, and at least half that time is spent listening to stand-up.

This is what I mean by the death of America.
They let you wear headphones at your job?
Wait-a-minute, you don't have a job, do you?

Joey

@Joey - I'm surprised you just got around to this, it's been out for a while. Do you like Zack Galifinakis?

If you have Netflix on your 360, go stream The Comedians of Comedy, it's quality.
Well, I think we took HBO off our Directv right around the time it premiered, and I just sort of forgot about it. My mom mentioned catching some of it about 2 weeks ago, so I hit up pirate bay.

And yeah, I don't claim to be a huge Galifainakis fan, but I watched his special they have on netflix watch now, and it was great. I love all the dudes in that Comedians of Comedy group, Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman, David Cross... Huge fan of all of them.

Serideth

Let's try to stay on topic.

I have seen Chris Rock do stand up before, I'm not normally into stand up, but as far as it goes he's be one of the few people I'd actually bother to go and see.

banneduser9

You just be...you, and continue the collapse.

As far as Rock goes, I think he's hilarious.
I especially like the way he takes the piss out of a certain segment of black Americans.
They spinnin'!

DL'd Kill the Messenger a while back and saw it and it's standard Rock fare.