• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Chrono Trigger

Seth

MD Party Room
Chrono Trigger will be released for the Nintendo DS on November 28th, 2008 in North America and Japan, and in early 2009 in Europe.

So who picking it up...

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I played this game 10 years ago.
They could have at least modified it a bit to call it a new game

Noriyuke

Agreed, i played it about 6 years ago on a SNES emu, not going through the rounds again.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
i'd be picking it up if i wasn't broke.
it makes me wish i just didn't play it again last year on the playstation version. so i wouldn't have to deal with the load times

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
They are adding a few add-ons, which is good. I might pick this up, but i have other stuff to deal with. I don't even play my DS that much anymore.

Trigun

they are adding the content from the psx version, including the animated sequences. extra dungeons, Touch controls, and an extra ending as far as i know.

Noriyuke

Neato, but still not worth a pickup, might be worth a pirate, but not a purchase. They need to work on making some kind of successor.

Bran

Yell
Chrono Cross?

Chrono Break has been "in development" for a million years. I don't think it's ever getting made or worked on to be honest.

Trigun

Joey said:
I'd bet he was aware of that, he probably just meant another one. The general consensus is that Chrono Cross was not that good.
I doubt that. It got perfect 10's when released and is still to this day one of the best RPG's ever made IMO.
People were JUST upset about the Fact that it was not Chrono Trigger "2/II"
it Has a large ammount of References to CT. You even visit a familiar locale or 2.
And the soundtrack is hailed as one of the best in gaming in period.

Joey

Trigun said:
I doubt that. It got perfect 10's when released and is still to this day one of the best RPG's ever made IMO.
it Has a large ammount of References to CT. You even visit a familiar locale or 2.
Well I have no idea, since I've played neither, that's just what I've heard from Chrono Trigger fans.

I mean, Halo 3 also got 10, so... There is plenty of examples of substandard games getting high ratings based on pedigree. Most people who gave Halo 3 a 10 would probably agree that, looking back, they probably overrated it. It happens. Reviewers can get caught up in the hype just as easily as us normal folk.

I not arguing, I'm just saying.

Scorned

Trigun said:

In a way though, im glad they didnt do a direct sequel to CT. I was a bit afraid a sequel would ruin it, but instead they came out with Chrono Cross which was still a pretty damn good game.

I still prefer the music in CT over Chrono Cross, and if they ever would release an album of real orchestrated CT music i would buy my first album.

Ill see if i can somehow be able to play this when it comes out..

Adiuvo

I've never played the original so I'll probably be playing this. Might be a buy, I don't know. I only buy games I feel guilty about pirating for the DS, like Castlevania. Usually it's just pirate first buy never.

Noriyuke

Trigger was Waaaaaaaaay better than Chross. But thats me.

And reviews aren't so great bro, all that about perfect 10's isnt all that. You really have to play yourself. You know.

Bran

Yell
I love Chrono Cross but I never finished it personally. I lost my second disk :(

The music was beautiful and haunting

soha

z357x said:
I love Chrono Cross but I never finished it personally.
It took me nearly 2 and a half years to beat it, just because i couldn't find some hidden door. apparently the door was right next to the guy who told me to look for it. :(

Bran

Yell
Neurotoxin said:
It took me nearly 2 and a half years to beat it, just because i couldn't find some hidden door. apparently the door was right next to the guy who told me to look for it. :(
That happened to me with FF8. I spent like 20 hours just trying to find that damn other boat that was hiding a fjord.