• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Creating a Domain

AR3S

G0d of W@R
I am going to try to get a domain name... What is the best way to approach it. THe domain doesn't exist. Is there anyway to get it for free while still guaranteeing my ownership of it.

Colm

some systems like co.cc or .tk can let you take the domain for free, with some limitations. Most TLDs however, do not.
It's worth noting that the .tk system is a lot more viable as they no longer have those really annoying ads every time you try to view a page hosted on them.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
some systems like co.cc or .tk can let you take the domain for free, with some limitations. Most TLDs however, do not.
It's worth noting that the .tk system is a lot more viable as they no longer have those really annoying ads every time you try to view a page hosted on them.

I remember using geocities to host sites then using .tk to get a better address for them back in the day xD

but yes, if free is what you want, you can't go wrong with .tk

James.

User Not Found
I remember Register.com were giving away .com/.net addresses a while ago. I'm not sure is the deal is still on though