• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Crytek Buys Free Radical

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If they are tuning the engine for consoles, I think it's safe to say that Crytek's next game will not be as demanding as Crysis, unless the engine is being targeted for next-generation. Hopefully I'm wrong. Since when a developer focuses on consoles, the end result is that they end up tailoring the whole experience around consoles, and then the final product doesn't feel like a PC game anymore.

twelve

I'm not dead
If they are tuning the engine for consoles, I think it's safe to say that Crytek's next game will not be as demanding as Crysis, unless the engine is being targeted for next-generation. Hopefully I'm wrong. Since when a developer focuses on consoles, the end result is that they end up tailoring the whole experience around consoles, and then the final product doesn't feel like a PC game anymore.
If this has sped up their plans to move onto consoles I'm willing to bet they'll be using/modifying the Haze engine.